Heel Numbness & Pain
I have heel numbness and tightness in the muscles on the bottom of my foot that has persisted for more than three weeks.  The condition came on suddenly the day after I helped my son cut down a tree.

I've never had problems with my ankle or heel on the left side.  I did have a lot of right sided sciatica all the way down to my ankle related to my L5-S1 fusion in 12/05, but that cleared up about after I had the hardware removed in 8/07.

My G.P. said I had good blood flow in my foot, gave me Voltaren and Neurontin.  She said I had probably irritated the S1 nerve.  At what point or how long do i need to wait before seeking additonal help if the condition does not resolve itself?

Thanks for any assistance or advice you can offer.
Hello.

I do not think you should wait for the pain and the numbness to stop. It will stop on its own, but your Neurologist or the specialist who did the surgery will never know. You should try and fix an appointment with him and show him the symptoms. It may not be very serious, but he will be able to judge the situation better.

Regards