Neurology Community
Help- Stroke at age 24.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Help- Stroke at age 24.

Hello!

For the last past 4 months, I have been expierancing some odd symptoms and have seen numerous of doctors for this reason, but no one really has any answers, only that I may be having bad migraines, which I know this is not a migraine.  It all started when I was sitting at my desk at work and I noticed I would get these blank stares on occassion and I would notice couple times during the day, I would feel this fluttering feeling in my chest, perhaps skipping heart beats.  I have thought, it was no big deal and decided to ignore these symptoms. These symptoms with time have got worse, and it would come with skipping of the beats to this "blank stare" and shortness of breath. I did have an ECHO done and it was that I  have Mitral Valve prolapse.  But, it still did not make sense to me and I didnt feel like that was the correct diagnosis. Couple weeks, passed by and I remember sitting at home and I had expieranced a very horrible migraine and it lasted for about couple of days , I couldnt even talk to anyone because my speach would slur.  So, I decided to make another appointment to the doctors office, had an MRI of the Brain and it showed a possible TIA event.  
My physician also had me do a MRA of the Carotids and according to him I was diagnosed with 2 aneurysms. Recently, had a angiogram and there was no evidence of any aneurysms.  All this stress and no real diagnosis still after all this time.  I was even admitted to the hospital and still no answers....  Right now, I am expierancing this pressure in my skull, but no pain and no headache just off and on I feel light headed and dizzy as if the room was spinning.

My question is, if I expierance this skipping of the beats from the beginning, can it possibly have anything to do with the blood flow to the brain?
Sometimes, it would even feel as if I wasn't getting enough of oxygen in my brain.
Please ANYONE help me, because this has been way too long and I am just 24 years old. I need some real answers finally!!

Oh my gosh! I have had some of the same symptoms you have and don't have a diagnosis either!. I am starting to just think I am crazy. I too have felt heart skipping and lightheaded, vision problems, headaches, fatigue. I went to the doctor and they referred me to a cardiologist. He ran a lot of tests and only found that my heart beat and rate were not normal. He prescribed a beta blocker. He said that he feels like something is causing it but he does not know what. I go back tomorrow and he said that he might schedule an MRI, but if that didn't help you I really hate to do more tests and still get no answer!. I have been at the doctor for the last five weeks non stop for tests! I am 35 so older than you, but I feel the way you do. I need answers and need to feel better again! Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but you are not alone!
Hi.

The blank stare suggests a transient brain dysfunction. It is possible that the dysfunction is related to missing heartbeats. To be on the safer side, you should consult a Neurologist and get an EEG done. Just to rule out any seizure activity. Heart diseases have been associated with partial seizures.

Regards