Neurology Community
Help ~ essential tremors
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help ~ essential tremors

I have been diagnosed by 2 Doctors with essential tremors and prescribed Propranolol which made me exhausted all the time and caused me to fall asleep at the wheel.  One Dr wanted to increase my dosage but I stopped taking it due to the side effects.  My shaking has gotten worse (especially my right side) and my left leg doesn't always want to move the way it should.  People ask me if I'm cold 'cause the shaking is so bad and some have also noticed a difference in my walk.  Any suggestions?  I'm really scared and upset that I don't have control over my body.  Thanks for any information you can give me.
Related Discussions
-5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
368886_tn?1278962315
Hello.

Can you describe the tremors ? Do they increase or decrease on certain actions ? And does anyone in the family have essential tremors ? We need to see if they are really essential tremors. They should generally not cause problems walking.

Regards
Blank
you sound like a mirror of me my legs also feel like my brain wont tell them what to do do my shakin is so bad i had to give up work
Blank
iwas wondering what else you think this shaking could be when  you say it shouldnt affect the legs i feel like i cant get my legs moving when i relax the tremors ease off but as soon as i move they come back and my body stiffens when i try to do anything regards brettkristy
Blank
Thank you for your comments, Dr.  I have now been diagnosed with PD since my left leg doesn't always work normally and the shaking is still pretty crazy.  My meds have been changed and I've been told I'm a great candidate for research.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank