Neurology Community
Hemangioma in the body of L3
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hemangioma in the body of L3

I recently had a Virtual Colonoscopy performed.  One of the findings of this procedure was a probable hemangioma in the body of L3 on my spinal lumbar region.  It is described as an "area of decreased density in the vertebral body of L3".  While I have not had any problems, to speak of, in the past 4 years or so, I have had a history of chronic lower back pain.  About 8 years ago, I was in an accident which resulted in what they described as a "back sprain", which, incredibly, seemed to have relieved much of my chronic lower back pain.  It has only recurred once or twice since then, and each time, only lasted for several days, responding eventually to ice and ibuprofen treatment.  So, my question is - should I be concerned about this hemangioma?  Does anyone have experience with this condition?  The report from my virtual colonoscopy suggests correlation with an MRI of the lumbar spine.  Any ideas on whether I should worry about this/seek further diagnosis?