Hemangioma in the body of L3
I recently had a Virtual Colonoscopy performed.  One of the findings of this procedure was a probable hemangioma in the body of L3 on my spinal lumbar region.  It is described as an "area of decreased density in the vertebral body of L3".  While I have not had any problems, to speak of, in the past 4 years or so, I have had a history of chronic lower back pain.  About 8 years ago, I was in an accident which resulted in what they described as a "back sprain", which, incredibly, seemed to have relieved much of my chronic lower back pain.  It has only recurred once or twice since then, and each time, only lasted for several days, responding eventually to ice and ibuprofen treatment.  So, my question is - should I be concerned about this hemangioma?  Does anyone have experience with this condition?  The report from my virtual colonoscopy suggests correlation with an MRI of the lumbar spine.  Any ideas on whether I should worry about this/seek further diagnosis?

Spinal hemangiomas are benign tumors of the spine and most commonly seen in the thoracic and lumbar spine. They usually do not produce any symptoms although occasionally they may cause back ache and nerve compression.
I would suggest you to discuss this with your treating doctor as well because there can be many other causes of back pain, the commonest one being poor posture.