Neurology Community
Hemangioma

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hemangioma

Hello, I was incouraged to know that I am not the only one with this problem. I have a hemangioma in Vert#6. I don't know to much about it so I am trying to do research. I have been to all kinds of doctors since 2005 and no doctor has been able to tell me exactly what my problem was until today. I have been to every kind of doctor you can think of and none of them have been able to tell me why I have pain in my neck and upper back.Finally the Spine and Neck Specialist told me today he is almost possitive  it is the hemangioma that is causing all the pain. With it being so high up on # 6 he said there is really nothing they can do for me but give me pain medication. He said some doctors may say to have surgery by taking it out and replacing it with some bone from my hip but he would not recommend it at all!! He said it was way to risky and could leave me worst off that I am now.What do you think should I go to another doctor for a second opinion or what do I do live for the rest of my life in pain? I am only 28 years old!!!
I was looking through all the posts about hemangioma and came across yours. Have you had any help with this? I was told I have on at T6 but my Dr said it wouldn't cause pain. But, I have a lot of pain in that area. I don't know where to go next or if I should get a second opinion. Have you found out anything? How are you doing?
Celia
My father just had this surgery done and his pain and neurological symptoms disapeared the minute it was removed. It was a very painful surgery to endure but well worth the lifetime of normalcy.
I too have a hemangioma in my T-5 area. It was found as in "incidental finding" during an M.R.I. earlier this year. I have gone through many bouts of physical therapy, injections, pain medication, several specialists, and nothing, absolutely nothing, helps with this pain. I was told it is "muscle" related, but I know in my heart of hearts that it is much more complicated and severe than just muscle pain as muscle pain isn't there 24/7 as my pain is.

I wake up in pain and I go to bed in pain. Pain wakes me up at night when I roll over and is my constant companion throughout the day. I'm at my wit's end as to what to do about it or even who to turn to. I need answers! My family doctor did nothing for me and didn't even seem to know much about hemangiomas in general. It's even more complicated because my health insurance ran out a week after I had the M.R.I. in April, 2009 so I haven't been able to follow through and get further treatment/diagnostics.

All I know is that my life is filled with sharp, stinging, pulling, stabbing upper back and chest pain every minute of every day. It hurts to take a deep breath and normal movements that were once a part of my life are now excruciating. Is it possible that something that is supposedly non-symptomatic (hemangioma) cause someone such pain?? I've also had two lower back surgeries for a herniated disc (lamenectomy in 2001 and spinal fusion in 2007). When does it ever end??
My Doctor incidentally found a VERY LARGE Hemangioma on my T4 level spine. I am in constant pain like you said from sharp, pulling, bad pressure on back and now in the last 6 months intense chest pain feeling like i am going to have a Heart Attack. At times I cant roll over , lay flat, or on either shoulder because of the pain. Im also tired of being sent home..I have 3 kids on my own and its very hard to deal with everyday life  when i constantly feel like im going to collapse. I'm tired of living like this and at times cant function with daily tasks becaus of this pain.. Does anyone know what can be done and where to go to get more help with this?????
I have heaviness in my legs that at times makes me want to cry, There is a feeling of numbness but pain is controllable with simple analgesia and anti nflammatories. I had  disc protrusion inS1 diagnosed a year go. I opted for no surgery and the acuteness of it all seems to have eased. However at repeat MRI today report notes marked degeneration around S1 and L5. They have also mentioned a hemiangioma in L5. My question is:- What is causing this weakness and loss of function and can it be treated
Where did your father go to have it removed because I can't find one single surgeon that is willing to take the risk to remove mine and I just know that if I have it removed, the constant pain that I've been dealing with for the last 8 years will go away.