Neurology Community
Hematoma and Contused Nerve

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hematoma and Contused Nerve

Eight weeks ago I was hit by a car while crossing the street.  I rolled up on the hood, putting a pretty nice-sized dent in the car.  I was very lucky, didn't hit my head, but suffered a fractured shoulder, fractured and sprained ankle, and a tennis ball size hematoma on my butt at the point of impact.  The hematoma has gone down significantly, but I can tell there is still fluid left.  Is this normal?  Furthermore, there is still significant pain at the point of impact around my butt and lower back, to the point where I can't lean on that side and it is uncomfortable to sit in some positions.  Is it normal to have such pain two months after the accident?  And if it is a contused nerve what action is taken to address the problem?