Neurology Community
?Hemiplegic Migraines/Waiting for MRI/Attacks mostly when going to slee...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

?Hemiplegic Migraines/Waiting for MRI/Attacks mostly when going to sleep?

Dear Forum
I have been sent home from the hospital after overnight stay,
?Hemiplegic Migraine, and because my MRI Scan is not back yet.
I started one night in May, it woke me up suddenly, numbness/tingling/pricking all down my Rt side, felt very sick and hot as attack grew. As I try to go back to sleep it starts again.  Have been through all usual chanels and find it very hard to accept this waiting as I feel so poorly.  Just tried to have a sleep on the sofa and it came on with great intense, feel as if I am going to pass out, and am shaking but inside.  I feel very frightened when this happens.  I also have severe Fibromyalgia which they are also leaning towards.  Is there anyone who has had this?? I would love to here from them. I have to wait for results, then appointment and just keep taking my Amitriptyline for the Fibro, won't put me on anything until seen scan.  I do not want to go to bed as I know what is going to happen.
Please help.
LizzyB
Hi, I'm sorry I can't provide you with any information, however I was wondering whether you can associate to any of the syptoms (symptoms) I have posted about my son who wakes with headaches during the night. He is only 2 so it is hard to tell what he feels. HIs headaches and upsets only happens at night, wondered if it could be a similar thing. He has had a CT which has come back all clear. Please post  the outcome of your MRI. Would be very interested to see what you find out. Have you had a CT? My posting is entitled Juvenile Nocturnal headaches if you want to see if any other symptoms are similar. I hope you don't find me rude, but I have a few questions. Trying to find anyone that has a similar thing to my son so I can try and understand why he is SO upset at night. Does this generally happen just as you go off to sleep or after a few hours? Most nights? Do the other feelings last for hours or just a matter of minutes? Are you hot for someone else to touch or just feel ho inside? Any wobbles or balance issues when you are feeling terrible?
Thanks for the response, I am awaiting the results of a CT scan.
It usually starts just after I have gone of to sleep or as I am drifting off.  My face, arms, and right leg all go numb and tingling, it tends to elevate and I get hot and feel sick.  When it goes down I feel colder.  I have balance issues as well.  I don't usually get a head ache though, maybe a bit when I do wake up,
Some of the time I know I am on the bed but don't feel as if I am very weird feeling, your little one must be very frightened.
My GP is trying to get me back to see Neurologist again ealier than they said.
LizzyB
hey, i am a sufferer of hemiplegic migraines and until now i only suffered once a year and was pretty lucky but lately i have had 3 in the last month. i have had 2 during the night and 4 during the day and every time i have one it does scare me,but i always think to myself it could be worse. i have had a mri and results in but it didn't really give me answers to why i have these attacks but did find something else. my symptoms are usually i have numbnesses in one side of my body and feel sick. then when i go 2 be sick i have slurred speech and feel dizzy i usually collapse and have a bad headache. i have a strange feeling as well in my stomach and the lights seem to go brighter. i have had it since an early age and still quite young. im not currently on medication and find most of my attacks come when im in the day but usually the worse are at night because i do have signs before i have them. im not sure why they occur but im currently going through some exams and im a couple of days before them and hope i don't collapse or suffer any systems when i do it.