Neurology Community
Heriated disc and fractured vertebrae

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Heriated disc and fractured vertebrae

I recently had an MRI  due to the fact that I was experiencing a great deal of pain in my lower back which ran down my right buttock and leg.  I went to a chiropracter because this pain and the resulting physical compensation for it had resulted in the fact that I could no longer stand upright.  I was leaning to the left in my posture and really unable to stand staight at this time.  He referred me for an MRI.  The MRI revealed a mild fracture in I think the L4 vertebrae as well as a herniated disc between L3 and L4.  The disc is resting on a nerve which is apparently resulting in the pain.  I do not remember a major trauma to my back which would have caused the fracture.  However, a number of months ago I lifted heavy cases and felt something strain in my lower  back. I have yet to see a doctor, but I have an appointment next week with a neurosurgeon. I know that he also recommended that I see an othopaedic surgeon as well.  I just want to know what I should expect or what I should ask them.. I am not sure what I should or should not be doing at this time. Can you help me with some information, at this time I am pretty well incapacitated....thanks