Neurology Community
Herniated disk at the c7-t1 area

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Herniated disk at the c7-t1 area

I went to the doctor for bad headaches and neck pain. He did a general in office check for an aneursm. No CT, No MRI.  He gave me Naproxen and skelaxin. Neither helped. My neck, shoulder, and arm pain worsened. I went back 4 days later. He found loss of grip in my right hand, numbness in my entire right arm, he then gave me prednizone, kept me on the skelaxin (as i have traveling muscle spasms for no known reason) and he is sending me to physical theropy. No pain killers, and it was like pulling teeth to make him give me time off work to let it attempt to rest. He gave me 3 days off, and i am back to work, in pain.... I am a database analyst and sit at a computer all day long.

Is my doctor doing the right thing, or do I need a second opinion?

This discussion is related to treatment for herniated disc c7- t1 level?.