Herniated thoracic disc and compression of spinal cord
Currently recovering from cervical fusion performed on 4/7/09 for herniation at  the C5-6 level.  Also have a large left  paracentral herniation at T5-6 which contacts and flattens the left ventral spinal cord surface per a MRI in 11/09.  Just had a new  MRI performed the other day, but do not have the results yet.  The prior MRI also showed a small cord cavity and a small amount of edema and/or myelomalacia.  

Have found most neurosurgeons to be pretty clueless about the thoracic region and have had one neurosurgeon suggest to me last year that perhaps I had some sort of soft tissue issue.  Notwithstanding, the pain is becoming worse by the week.  There are times that I have stabbing pains and even have times where that area burns!  

I am looking for a top-drawer thoracic disc neurosurgeon.  Can anyone recommend anyone?  Distance no longer matters.  Just want my life back!