Hi... forgetting things, aluminum/alzheimers.
I was just reading earlier about the association between aluminum and nerve damage in the CNS, particularly the effect on memory.  I was just wondering if aluminum can cross the blood brain barrier, is there anyway it can go the other way back out?  Or is the blood brain barrier just a one way street.  

Is there anything I can take to help detox my mind from aluminum?  
Aluminum toxicity has been recognized in many settings where exposure is heavy or prolonged, where renal function is limited, or where a previously accumulated bone burden is released in stress or illness. As is true for several trace elements, transferrin is the primary protein binder and carrier for aluminum in the plasma, where 80% is protein bound and 20% is free or complexed to small molecules such as citrate. Cells appear to take up aluminum from transferrin rather than from citrate. Purified preparations of ferritin from brain and liver have been found to contain aluminum. It is not known if ferritin has a specific binding site for aluminum.Aluminium crosses the blood brain barrier but factors regulating the migration of aluminum across the blood–brain barrier are not well understood. Treatment with desferrioxamine (DFO), a drug which binds aluminium and removes it from the body can reduce the aluminium toxicity . Please consult a physician for the management . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !