High CPK
Last week my doctor told me my CPK level was high (CPK 235).  He wants me to see a Neurologist; which I have an appointment for next week.   I've been researching on the next for answers and I am scared that it may be ALS or MS.  Can anyone give me some advice.  Is the 235 really high? ..and is it an indicator for ALS or MS?

Thanks for posting.

It is difficult to give an opinion just on the basis of a test result. The results have to be correlated with the symptoms, medical history and clinical exam.
CPK levels are raised due to multiple conditions like myositis, arthritis, and dermatomyositis. MS per se will not cause an elevation in the levels of CPK. CPK will rise only when there is muscle wasting or damage.

Hope this answers your question.
Respected Sir
My son of 5 Years has highly elevated sgpt/sgot for last one years. all other LFTs, Autoimune Hepatitus, HAV,HBV, HCV, HEV, liver biopsy is normal. recently doctor ask for cpk test and its value came 19000 and after repeating after one months it came 25000. physically child has no problem, weight/height gain, no pain apart from occasionaIiy after excertion. I  would like to ask is there any relation between sgpt/sgot and cpk? now dr has adviced fro DMD gene delition test. In family history no one is suffered with muscle disorder.

E-Mail: ***@****