High CRP, positive ANA, paresthesias and muscle pain
Hello:

I am a 24-year-old woman diagnosed over a year ago with fibromyalgia.  Recently, my doctor ordered blood work to rule out rheumatoid arthritis.  It came back positive for ANA, but my RF factor was in range.  

My doctor followed up with more lab work, the results of which are as follows:

CCP ----- in range
C-Reactive Protetin ----- out of range (0.8, should be less than 0.8)
SM Antibodies ----- negative
RNP Antibody ----- negative
DNA (DS) Antibodies ----- negative
Scleroderma SCL-70 Antibodies ----- negative
ESR ------ borderline in range (20, should be 1-20)

In brief, my symptoms are as follows:

Widespread muscle aches and pain, mostly in thighs.  Widespread skin prickling/burning sensation, mostly in thighs and forearms.  Sensation (not visible) of hand swelling and stiffness.  Fatigue.  Hot flashes.  Dizzy/drugged feeling and head pressure (could be side effects of fibromyalgia medications -- Lyrica and Cymbalta).  

This may be unrelated, but I also have had three unexplained episodes of sudden severe dizziness with the sensation of icy-hot on my scalp, neck and arms, that last anywhere from an hour to twelve hours and have been severe enough to warrant an ambulance trip to the hospital.

I would really appreciate any ideas on what the combination of my lab work and symptoms could indicate.  

Thank you so much!
Hello beyondaurora,

It seems that you are having some inflammatory reaction. This is due to the immunological imbalance. You need to initiate on corticosteroid treatment under the guidance of an immunologist.

Best