Neurology Community
Hit head hard. Is there a problem?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hit head hard. Is there a problem?

So last night, I was with a friend and we went to the store. there was ice on the ground and so I slipped, turned my head to the left, and hit my head on the back bumper of my friend's car. I was not knocked out , could hear fine, and could see fine. I went back to my friends house, and I felt fine. no dizzynes, headache, or anything out of the ordinary. except the small indent in the side of my skull. I hit my head about an inch above my temple. my jaw feels strained when I try to close it all the way, or open it far. it hurts to put pressure on where I hit my head, and around that area. I slept fine still with no headaches or dizzyness even when I woke up.
so should I get this checked out? I am 15 years old and never had any previous head injuries. and I am posting this the day after I hit my head. thanks
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Usually, headaches and dizziness may result due to minor head injuries, but I do not think that anything is serious worry here since you are not experiencing any of the head injury symptoms now. However, it will be best to get yourself evaluated with a doctor to avoid any future complications, if there can be any possibility. Hope this helps.