Hoarse voice after cervical laminectomy and musle tremors
I had cervical laminectomy 5 weeks ago and my voice is still hoarse and it feels like a lump in my throat...My voice is better if i speak low and monotoned..if i raise it it because hoarse and no one can hear me........i read that someone said that they had silent reflux or something like that and took some meds and the hoarse voice went away...is this true? and how long did they have to take it this mediene for it to work....and do they have to take it forever?  also my right arm and shoulder and the neck was where all the pain was.  That is 90 percent better...my left arm musles start twitching....sometimes ..and my son was laughing and pointing at my arm because it was twitching by itself..what is that all about...?  thanks..eric blankenship
I had a cervical laminectomy on June 4th, and it took approx 7 weeks for my voice to be back to "normal" I still get hoarse if I talk a long time. Don't know about the muscle twitching, but I still have extreme soreness on my collarbone, and tender spots. I think you are probably just experiencing the usual after surgery events.
Give it some time, 5 weeks isn't a long time, can take up to a year to heal fully from surgery. Good luck.