Aa
A
A
Close
Hoarse voice
Can flexeril 10mg 3x and/or baclofen 20mg 4x cause a person to have a hoarse voice?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Welcome to the medhelp neurology forum. Flexeril or cyclobenzaprine or baclofen are not associated with hoarseness of voice.  More plausible causes of hoarseness of voice need to be checked like acute laryngitis, vocal cord nodules, allergies, gastro esophageal reflux, smoking, thyroid problems, trauma to larynx, parkinson’s disease and trauma to larynx. Consult an otolaryngologist who will evaluate the causes and treat likewise.  Cough suppressants for laryngitis, treat GERD, stop smoking, vocal rest etc will make a difference.
Hope this information helps you. Take care.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you so very much for your quick response.  I noticed a change in my voice approx. 1 year ago.  No allergies, no trauma, do not smoke, and Dr has ruled out parkinson's disease.  I was diagnosed with paramyotonia congenita; but recently have experienced new symptoms.  I have had an abnormal emg/ncs, high muscle enzymes in bloodwork, negative mri's of the cervical and neck areas, negative for stiff man's syndrome, and thyroid disorder.  I believe dr. is ruling out simpler disorders before he can give me the accurate diagnosis.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1632010 tn?1368640296
If all   tthe ENT's in the world cant figure out why I can't breath without a TRACHEA and cant  talk 23hours out of 24 per day.  Then do u think a neurologist could be of some helP me?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank