Neurology Community
Hot spot in shin area
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hot spot in shin area

For the past week I have been having a hot spot on my shin half way between my ankle and knee.  It is not really a burning sensation on my skin but feels like a hot spot within my leg.  My skin is cool to the touch and it is only in that one place.  It comes and goes.  Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?  I am not in pain and I don't feel sick.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Did you get any responses to your post?  I am having the exact same symptoms you describe and can not find anything about it.

Thanks.
Blank
Hello.

There is a possibility that this "hot spot" is related to some bone problem. Running a bone scan might just help pick up a stress fracture.

Regards
Blank
I have been having a feeling in my leg around my ankle (like I am to close to a heater)  my leg is cool to the touch.  This comes and goes thoughout the day and night. Sometimes it moves up my leg.  I also have a tingling at times.  I have MS, I'm wondering if this is from my MS.
Blank
I just Googled 'Hot Shins' to see if I could find out what this was a symptom of. And found you guys. I have been having this for nearly a year now. Just down the front of my shins as though I am sitting too close to a heater. When I feel my skin -it is cool!  Its some kind of phantom heat memory that just appears at ramdom. Do you ever get an itch, say on your back or leg, and when you go to itch it you find it is not actually in your skin. It reminds me of what I have read about amputees who have all sorts of sensations in the place where the limb used to be. I reckon its something in the brain that is misfiring or perhaps damaged neurological circuits. But why this pathway to the shins is a mystery.
Blank
my husband has exactly the same thing, and a very active, stressful job.  By the end of his work day his ankle is swollen with fluid.  The ankle isn't painful but is is inflexible with the fluid....so far they have done a basic x-ray, nothing, a battery of blood tests, nothing.  He is on the last day of Keflex, hoping this might lead to something.
They now think they will do an MRI.  His leg was originally painful but now it is really just hot leading to the fluid around his ankle.  We are stumped but it is very troublesome.
Blank
Did you or anyone else find out what this is?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank