How safe is MRI when things go wrong
How safe is MRI when things go wrong?
I had an incident  with MRI.
I was told it was due to too much radio frequency from MRI (due to malfunction of machine or human error). Has there been any studies on the effect of too much radio frequency on the brain/body? I know FDA has a set limit on how much radio frequency  can  be used on each body part.
I  have tried asking this question from my neurologist.
She said she did not know my long term health affect from a faulty MRI, the only way to know is to have another MRI.
Any insight would be appreciated.

This discussion is related to MRI: side effects?.
never heard of such a thing happening and wished I hadn't...I am scheduled for two MRI's this week!!....I hope someone can answer ur question here...did u also try the expert forum?

keep us posted on what u do find out.

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
I had an MRI done this week that they obviously did something wrong because I have had them before. I'm not sure how to find out what they did wrong. He told me to leave my rings on and my heart monitor tabs which had metal on them. I'm wondering if he also used the wrong strength. I immediately felt like my fingers were being electrucuted and it went out one spot of my head. He pulled me out and I took my rings off. I didn't get the feeling anymore in my fingers but still got the pain out of the top of my head in one spot.  It was horrible!! He also said he was doing the test on my spine instead of the cardio-thoracic area. I feel he didn't know what he was doing. I am now (3 days later) still very sick from it. I have a migraine - pain still out of that spot on head and I can't stand lights, sounds or alot of movement.  I'm praying that there's no permanent effect.