Neurology Community
How serious is my MRI reading

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

How serious is my MRI reading

Hello I was wondering if someone can help me understand the severity of my spinal MRI's.  I had an MRI of both my lumbar and thoratic spine. I have lower and mid back pain. I have pain in both legs. Water retention, and radiating pain to my left side.  Feeling like I'm being "hooked".  It hurts to take a deep breath.  Does this report explain all of that? How many ruptured disc do I have? Is this very serious?  Here is what the report read:
There is normal verebral body height seen throughout the lumbar spine.  There is normal alignment, with no evidence of subluxation.  There is loss of intervertebral disc T2 signal identified at L4-L5 and L5-S1.  There is no loss of intervertebral disc height at L4-L5.  Abnormal signal is identified along the superior endplate of L5, consistent with Schmorl's node.
At the T12-L1 level there is a central disc protusion which measures 6mm in lateral dimension, 4 mm in AP dimension and 6 mm in craniocaudal dimension.  There is no significant canal or neuroforaminal stenosis from this lesion.
At the L1-L2, L2-L3 and L3-L4 levels, there is no significant disc protrusion, canal stenosis or neuroforaminal encroachment.
At the L4-L5 level, there is a diffuse disc bulge with a central disc extrusion.  This measures 17mm in lateral dimension, 16 mm in craniocaudal dimension and 9 mm in AP dimension.  This causes severe canal stenosis, with the canal measuring 6 mm.  There is mild right neuroforaminal stenosis also evident.
At the L5-S1 level, there is no significant canal stenosis, neuroforaminal encroachment from a mild diffuse disc bulge.
There is a normal vertebral body height and alignment seen throughout the thoracic spine.  there is no abnormal signal identified within the cord. No abnormal signal is identified within the bone marrow. No significant loss of T2 signal is identified within the intraverebral disc space.
There is redemonstration of a diffuse disc bulge identified at T7-T8.  This causes borderline canal stenosis, with the canal measuring approximately 11 mm, This is stable compared to the prior examination.  There is mild, diffuse disc bulge at T6-T7, with no significant canal stenosis.  Mild disc bulge is identified at T11-T12 and T12-L1.  
Impressions:
Stable appearance to the diffuse is disc bulge identified at T7-T8, with a borderline canal stenosis, with the canal measuring 11 mm.
Minimal diffuse disc bulges are identified at T6-T7 and T10-T11.  there is no canal stenosis associated with these lesions.
Disc protrusion identifed at T12-L1 without significant canal stenosis.
Large disc extrusion identified at L4-L5, causing severe canal stenosis.
Thank you very much.  That helps me and gives me more knowledge going in to see the neurosurgeon.  Do you think I might possibly be a candidate for surgery?  I have had numerous other MRI's which stated that I had a tumor on my spine and only the L4-L5 herniation as well as degenerative disc disease.  This MRI didn't mention the tumor or DDD.   I was also very shocked to see the numerous bulges and got scared.   Do those happen because of DDD?  Also did you see anywhere in the report mentioning the tumor?  I didn't see.  I am a 30 yr old female.  I am really nervous about back surgery etc.   I am hoping for good news when I get to the surgeon.   I appreciate your fast response to my post.

It looks like you have one "herniated" disc which is at the Lumbar level between L4 and L5.  This is a serious defect which is causing significant narrowing (stenosis) of the spinal canal.   There is also narrowing in the windows through which the lumbar nerves pass.  This finding will likely cause significant symptoms of numbness, weakness or pain in the legs.

There are several slightly bulging discs, which likely are not causing symptoms.

In the thoracic spine you have an old bulge, not described as an herniation, which has not enlarged since the last film.  This is at T7 &  T8.  The spinal canal (the space within which the spinal cord floats) is slightly compressed.  No mention is made of whether the nerve "windows" are also narrowed.  This MAY be what is causing the pain when you breath deeply.  That could also be caused by local muscle spasm.

I hope this helps.   There are no back surgeons or neurlologist on this forum who can explain more about the implications of the MRI.  Also, that information can only be made knowing what your symptoms are and what your exam shows.  Good luck Quix
This REALLY isn't my area of expertise at all.  I can't comment on indications for, types of, or complications of back surgery.

I would be worried about the severe stenosis in the lumbar region.  I can imagine that the only way to go from here without intervention is downward with further pain,  and loss of function.  The problem is that surgery may or may not relieve the problems you already have.  Try to get the best surgeon you can find.  Sometimes you can ask a nurse who works on the back or neurosurg service in a hospital to tell you (on the "down low") who she would go to.

No, I saw no mention of a tumor.  It is faulty to "assume" that means there wasn't one.  Maybe it was on the list of things to report and was inadvertently skipped over.  The neurosurgeon will look at the images himself/herself(rarely:( )

and you should bring it up.  If the surgeon only refers to the report and doesn't care to see the images - look for another surgeon.  I feel the same way with neurologist that don't read their own films.

Good luck, Quix
I have had severe pain in my lower back.That has sent me to the ER to many times with extreme pressure in abd.I had many tests unable to sleep legs are numb i stumble over them finger numness on left hand. fatigue fell like i have the flu all the time can't enjoy everything i love to domany more prob. then i guess you would like to read.Well today after one of my test(MRI) came back I finally was told what was causing the pressure and pain.So Relieved i left the doctors office without fully understanding the MRI W/Neurosurgen appt in hand.Now after reading :Confused

Degenerative disc disease is noted at the L3-L4,L4-L5and L-5 -S1 levels with some narrowing of the disc space height and loss of hydration on the more heavily T2 wieghted images. At L3 -L4there is a broad based central and right para central disc protusion with and annular tear along the
posterior margin of the disc with minimal ventral effacement of the thecal sac. at L4- L5 diffused bulging of the disc as well as a more focal central HNP are present resulting in slight distotion of the thecal sac.At the L5-S1level there is broad based central and right paracentral HNP resulting in some distortion of the thecal sac and mild right sided neuroforaminal encroachment. Help is this causing the pain   numbness  not feeling my legs  tingling in fingers  and can it be helped Thanks so much ahead of time. any kind of answer would be appreciated.
I am in NE Florida so this may not help even tho I know of a lady who came here from NJ to see the Neurosurgeon that did my back surgery.  He is awesome!  He is Dr. Paulo Montiero at the Lyerly Neurosurgery Clinic in Jacksonville Florida.  http://www.lyerlyneuro.com/
Good Luck and if you have had your surgery I hope all went well.
I had an MRI of my head and the thoratic area following a minor car accident last week that left me with a mild concussion.  I had no LOC.  Initially, I went to the ER and had a CT scan which was normal.  I was then sent for an MRI.  Three years ago, i was diagnosed with a herniation of the C5-C6 disc.  The today's MRI report states, "C5-C6 disc space level demonstrates a moderate diffuse disc bulge with right paracentral disc protrusion with associated annular tear.  There is no significant neural foraminal stenosis or canal stenosis noted at this level.    In addition, the Impression statement includes a repeat of the info above as well as "Reversal of normal lordosis of cervical curve cannot exclude muscle spasm.  No evidence of acute injury or ligamentous abnormality."  I get that this means this leads to muscle spasms (which it does) and I generally live in pain.  I'm being told at this point by the ER & Workman's Comp docs that it might be a good idea to consider neck surgery b/c I've been in so much pain for so long and it doesn't get better (I've done physical therapy a couple of times and now I do weekly visits with a soft manipulation chiropractor, as well as see a massage therapist - both each week - and I go to the gym to strengthen muscles around the area).  All of my efforts help but I still live in pain.  What's the report saying in layman's terms?  Should I consider surgery?  THX!!
Can someone help me understand the severity of my spinal MRI's.  I had an MRI on my cervical spine.  Here is the findings.  1. Reversal of the upper cervical lordosis indicating spasm.  2. C3-C4: There is a 2mm focal central disc protrusion effacing the thecal sac. this narrows the central canal to 9mm.  3. C5-C6:  There is a 3 mm far left lateral disc protrusion.  this impinges on the left lateral recess and the proximal left neural foramen.  there is mild narrowing of the left proximal neural foramen.  4.  C6-C7: There is a 4 mm broad disc protrusion.  this effaces the thecal sac and narrows the canal to 9 mm.  what kind of treatment would be best for me? and why if you can explain in layman's terms?   I thank you for your help.
I was in a gymnastics accident 10 years ago that left me with a torn left sacroiliac joint and a couple of bulging discs.  About three years ago, I started having severe pain and numbness down my arm.  I went in for an MRI that showed I had developed DDD and the disc at C5-6 was herniated centrally causing the pain and numbness down both of my arms.  Two weeks ago, my neck went out again causing worse pain down two nerve paths in my right arm.  I went in for an MRI and now have obtained the results.  The problem is, I live in Canada now and the wait to see a GP is long.  I'd like to know if you could clarify my MRI results?  I know this isn't a substitute for a face to face meeting with a physician, but it would put my mind at ease to know. My MRI results read:
Findings:
There is a reduced cervical lordosis.
At C5-6, there is a right lateral disc protrusion effacing the lateral recess, lateral aspect of the cord and the C6 neural foramen.
C4-5, C4-3, C2-3, C6-7 and C7-T1 are unremarkable and normal
Opinion:
Right C5-6 disc protrusion. Clinical correlation recommended.
Now I'm not dummy (second year PhD student) and I can make out what the majority of this means, but I see no comment about DDD nor do I know if its time for disk replacement.  This report is less detailed then my last MRI report in 2004.  What is your take on this?  I would greatly appreciate your help.  Thank you in advance.
my son was in a car accident and has subsequently been complaining severe back pain.  He had an MRI and it showed a focal posteriocentral disc protrusion at T7/8 this contacts and causes  flattening of the cord at right of midline. The central canal remains patent at 10.5 mm ap.
How serious is this finding?
I appreciate your response. Thanks
Gersygrl  
I'm 15 yrs old and i have a prolapsed disc in my lower back. Yeah I know uncommon.
I've had an MRI but not got the results yet even though i really should of by now since i had it a couple of weeks ago.
The pain started in september.
My doctor has said i'll be having a lumbar block and he thinks that it probably will not work so then i'll have an operation.
One thing im scared of needles. Could i just ask him to have the operation not the lumbar block. I dont want it, i'd rather get the operation over and done with as quick as i can because theres lots of things i wanna do and the pain is getting in the way of my school work and my hobby/work at the stables.
Help anyone?
Question = I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in 2004. In July 2006 I had a L4-5 global fusion. Still having significant pain with long periods of standing or walking.

Just had another MRI completed with the following Impression: Postoperative changes at the L4-5 level without evidence for spondylolisthesis or spinal stenosis.

Disc Bulge at L1-2 with posterior annular defect, but no spinal stenosis. Minimal degenerative changes at other levels within the lumbar spine also without stenosis.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Hi charlie

You sound like my son who has a terror of needles too.However you wont see the needle and its impoortant to try this first.
I know its frustrating BUT back surgery isnt the easiest option.IT  can cause further problems in some cases so go for the block frst...it may sort out your problem and get you backat the stables faster than you think!!!!
good luck Charlie
MJ
Hi can anyone please help me understand my mri?  It was done for lower back pain and radiation down my left leg.  Thanks

MRI Lumbar Spine without contrast:
Clinical History: Low back pain, bilateral leg pain greater on the left
Technique: Sagittal Tl, sagittal T2, sagittal STIR, axial T2, and axial Tl weighted images were acquired of the lumbar
spine. No contrast was given.
Findings: There are no previous similar examinations available for comparison.
Lumbar vertebral body stature and alignment are maintained. There is disc desiccation with moderate narrowing of the L5/S1 intervertebral disc space. There are posterior annular fissures at L4-5 and L5/S1. A large focus of marrow signal abnormality of the right aspect of Tl 1 likely represents a hemangioma, hyperintense on Tl and T2 sequences. There is no marrow edema to suggest an acute fracture. The conus terminates normally at Ll-2. There is very minimal anterior
osteophyte formation greatest at L3-4 and L4-5.
L2-3:   There is facet hypertrophic change and minimal buckling of the ligamentum flavum. The central canal and the neural foramina are adequate. There is likely a hemangioma of the left aspect of L3.
L3-4:   There is mild facet hypertrophic change and very minimal buckling of the ligamentum flavum. The central canal and the neural foramina are adequate. There is a very minimal disc osteophyte complex.
L4-5:   There is bilateral facet hypertrophic change. There is a minimal circumferential disc osteophyte complex. The central canal and the,neural foramina are adequate.
L5/S1: There is a shallow protrusion which slightly indents the ventral thecal sac. There is light contact of the ventral surfaces of the descending SI nerves slightly greater on the left. The overall dimension of the central canal is adequate. There is minimal narrowing of the inferior left neural foramen. The right neural foramen is adequate. There is facet degenerative change.
Impression:
THERE IS A SHALLOW POSTERIOR PROTRUSION AT L5/S1 WHICH LIGHTLY CONTACTS THE VENTRAL SURFACES OF THE DESCENDING SI NERVES BILATERALLY.
THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT CENTRAL CANAL COMPROMISE OF THE LUMBAR SPINE.
THERE IS MULTI-LEVEL FACET DEGENERATIVE CHANGE.
THERE ARE POSTERIOR ANNULAR FIS SURES AT L4-5 AND L5/S1.
Hi.  I recently had an MRI Lumbosacral Spine with Contrast.  I really don't understand all this medical terminalogy but what worries me is the findings of large hemangiomas noted occupying the posterior aspect of the L5 and the anterior aspect of L3.

After reading all the information, this is what the MRI impression reads:
1.  Spondylotic changes and degenerative disks disease with a right paracentral disk L4-L5 producing  moderate spinal canal and right neural foramina stenosis.
2. Intravertebral hemangiomas L3 and L5
3. No obnormal enchancement after gadolinium administration

Please explain more on the findings of large hemangiomas.  Can this be something serious?

***@****

I just a had a mri and need help understanding the report it states:
1.dics degeneration: c4-c5,c5-c6 and c6-c7
2. c5-c6 anterior cord effacement
3. nerve compression :right c7
4. Neural foramen stenosis: right c5-c6 and c6-c7 with potential irritation of the respective exiting nerves.
also
1.  disc degeberation: t11-t12 and l5-s1
2. Neural foramen stenosis: bilateral L5-s1 with potential irritation of the exiting l5 nerves.

please help me understand

thanks

jossie
HI
I am 57  years old had 2 compression fracture within the last 1 1/2  years in T8 T9.  I am a horse back rider and these two fracture happen during riding.  I can not understand this report so if anyone can help me I appreicate it.
My last one read recent compression fracutre of T8 with bone marrow edema with the superior one-third of the vertebral body assoicated with a Schorl node and mild superior endplate depression resulting in 20% loss of central vertebral body height.  There is no retropulsion of bone to the ventral can.
There is a chronic superior endplate compression of T9 resulting in focal 20% loss of anterocentral vertebral body hieght There is no associate edema nor retropulsions of bone to the ventreal can.
Spinal cord is normal size and signal characteristics No extramedullary intradural abnormalities.
MOdic I degenerative endplate changes T6^7 and slight anterior Modic I T7T8
mild loss disc signal T 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1 mm central protrusion T6-7
Slight 1mm disc bulgee T7-8
1 mm right cental protrusion T8-9
Can Someone tell me what I can expect I'm to see a Neurosurgeon Thursday. I don't have a quality life because of ain i have to take pain medicine just to do housework and function as a mom and wife. Here are the findings. MIND YOU I HAD THIS THE DAY AFTER A STEROID INJECTION.

FULL RESULT.   L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels demonstrate mild broad-based disc bulge,particulary at the L4-L5 level.At the L4-L5 level, there is mild extension of the disc into bilateral neuroforamina with mild blateral neuroforamina narrowing. Disc does abut the exiting neuroforamina . Mild hypertrophic facet arthropathy with mild trefoil-type spinal canal narrowing present.
L5-S1 level demonstrates loss of disc space height and intrasubstance signal intensity. Mild right paramedian disc bulge is present. This does result in effacement of the ventral thecal sac. Bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing owing to disc is present. Mild hypertrophic facets arthropathy is present.

IMPRESSION: L5-S1 right paramedian mild disc bulge. Bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing at this level. There is also posterior disc bulge broad-based at L4-L5 level with bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing. Minimal trefoil-type spinal canal stenosis at these levels present as well owing to hypertrophic facet arthropathy.
can anyone tell me how bad or good my mri results are I'm only 20 and my results are under this.Thank you for your help.

there is minimal disc desiccation at c-4, c4-5 and c5-6 without significant space narrowing. Vertebral body heights are well maintained with normal alignment. There is minimal degenerative marginal spondylitic ridging c5-6. No focal disc protusion or significant disc bulging. No spinal canl or foraminal stenosis. Cervical cord is normal in caliber and has normal signal intensity throughout.
Also on the thoratic sone they said.
Vertebral body heights and disc spaces are well maintained with normal alignment and there is normal signal intensity within the vertebral body marrow spaces. No focal disc protrusion or sognificant disc bulging or other epidural defects. Thoratic cord is normal in signal throughout. There is some subtle prominence of enhancing vessels about the mid to distal thoracic cord. This is probably normal. Should the patient develop any myelopathy, then the possibility of these prominent vessels representing a dural arteriovenous fistula would have to be considered,but more likely these are just normal perimedullary vessels.

I never told the doctor that I have had sharp pains in my right that feel like I threw somthing to hard and strained it and when that happens my right arm gets really week should I tell him and I have told my doctors I have had chest pains but the just put me on anxiety medication and te chest pains just started about six months ago does anyone know if this has something to do with my back.Thank you.
I am also wondering the seriousness of my MRI, you would think that the doctor requesting the MRI would contact me to discuss the results but apparently I have picked the wrong doctor.

Cervical Spine
Mild straightening of the normal cervical lordosis without focal subluxation.  Overall spinal canal diameter is within normal limits.
The disks are fairly well maintained.
At C2-# through C4-5 no focal disk protrusion or significant stenosis.
At C5-6 there is a disk bulge with endplate osteophytes.  There is indentation on the sac, which measures about a centimeter in AP dimensions.  No major foraminal narrowing.
At C6-7, there is a broad disk protrusion with associated endplate osteophytes, extending posteriorly and more to the left.  In the midline, the sac measures about a centimeter in AP dimensions, but it is more distorted laterally on the left.  There is some foraminal narrowing mainly on the left.  
At C7-T1 there is a minor disk bulge, without significant canal or foraminal narrowing.

Thoratic Spine
Minor disk bulging at T5-6, T6-7, T7-8 eccentric to the left but no evidence for posterior disk herniation, neural foraminal narrowing or spinal stenosis.  
Similar findings are noted at T3-4 and T4-5 es=ccentric to the left as well.

Lumbar Spine
Minor endplate en=dematous change at L5-S1.
At L5-S1 a broad based disk bulge is present.  Disk bulges slightly eccentric to the left.  Mild to moderate left and mild right foraminal narrowing.
At L4-5 mild flattening of thecal sac and minor facet hypertrophy.  

I would appreciate any input as I have been in severe pain since a car accident last October and have been treated like a drug addict when complaining of pain.  It's awful!
I'm suffering from Cervical Spondylits/Neck Pain/Stiffness in neck and Shoulders. Recently gone thru MRI Scan and found the below things. Yet to consult a physician. will be helpful if somebody can enlighten me with details. Also want to know whether i can continue swimming/weight lifting. (Not doing for the past one year..Not sure also whether i can henceforth)

Cervical Lordosis Lost

Diffuse c4/c5 disc bulge with bilateral neural foraminal  narrowing noted (L>R)

Left C5/C6 Paracentral disc bulge with left neural foraminal narrowing noted.

Please advice.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I am just 31 years old and I'm in a lot of pain in my middle back and thru my chest area. I had this same issue less than a year ago had MRI was told had a small bulging disc at T5-T6 did steroid shot and PT several months of pain but lessened never went away. Now in a ton of pain again had another MRI and it shows this The bulging disc at T5-T6 seen previously is minimally more prominent. There is desiccation of the discs at T5-T6, T6-T7 & T7-T8 which are stable. The nurse called and said there was no appreciable changes from the last MRI but have me going in for a steroid shot. Can a small bulging disc in thoracic back cause a lot of pain? Is desiccation normal and nothing to worry about? This may sound sad but sitting hurts I get the most relief when I'm flat on my back. Please help!
I had a xray of my entire back and the findings were wedging of the t7 and t8 vertabrel bodies and may be assosiated with mild disc degenerative disease. I have never had any back problems before but in November of 2010 was involved in a car accident , and since have been treated for severe whiplash ,I started getting mid back pain shortly after the accident and thought it was from inactivity but as time went on (3 months after the accident) I started getting much worse pain when standing or walking approx 300 feet, then would have to stop ( from severe pain)for a few minutes . the pain has gotten much worse now it has been 16 months sine the accident and I can barely walk 100 feet or stand for more than 10 to 15 minutes, the pain nears cripples me . Can anyone help me understand the above mentioned xrays, this is all I have had done so far am waiting to see specialtist , and would like to try and understand more, could this be related to my accident. I never mentioned before but I have not been able to work since the accident I do physio two times a week have had pain blocks done, nerve burning etc for my neck . now with the pain in my thoracic spine area, swelling of both legs which lead to a two week stay at the hosipital with severe infection in my right leg from the knee down (celiotis) may be misspelled . has anyone else experenced anything like this?
Hi, Can any any one tell me that my back pain is cureable? I am also filling Pain & Weekness in my Right leg. Already done MRI & Report here under. Doctor prescribe me for operation. But i am worried about operation.Please suggest.  

MRI Report -
Effective Canal APD at level of IV discs-
L1-L2 L2-L3 L3-L4 L4-L5 L5-S-1
1.8 cm 1.7 cm 1.5 cm 0.7 cm 1.5 cm

IMPRESSION: Study reveals-

Disc dessication (desiccation) with left postero lateral disc protrusion at the level of L4-L5 intervertebral disc causing indentation of thecal sac and narrowing of bilateral lateral recesses and neural foramina, more on the left side
My MRI.  What does this mean?

MR LS3WW I 0IMPRESSION:
1. Multiple foci of subtly enhancing abnormal signal scattered throughout
the visualized spine. While this may be due to sarcoid findings are
nonspecific. Metastatic disease and multiple myeloma can have a similar
appearance. The prior study was not available for comparison.
2. Mild degenerative changes as discussed.

STUDY: MRI of lumbar spine

HISTORY: History of osseous sarcoid.

TECHNIQUE: Multisequence and multiplanar imaging of the lumbar spine with
and without contrast. 16 mL of Magnevist was administered intravenously.

COMPARISON: None

FINDINGS:

Alignment and vertebral body heights are maintained. There are hemangiomas
within the T12 and L1 vertebral bodies. There is disc desiccation at
L4-L5 and L5-S1. Conus is unremarkable in terminates at L1 level.

There are multiple foci of abnormal signal scattered throughout the
visualized thoracic spine, lumbar spine and sacrum. There is questionable
minimal enhancement associated with these lesions.

Evaluation of disc levels as follows:

L1-2: Unremarkable.

L2-3: Unremarkable.

L3-4: Unremarkable.

L4-5: Minimal disc bulge with right foraminal annular fissure. There is
bilateral facet hypertrophy. The thecal sac is borderline at 10 mm AP.
Neuroforamina are patent.

L5-S1: Bilateral facet hypertrophy, mild disc bulge with posterior and
the fissure. Thecal sac is normal limits. Neuroforamina are patent.

Diffuse posterior disc bulge and left foraminal protrusion is seen at C5-6 level along with posterior osyeophytes causing compression on the anterior subarachnoid space and identation on the left ventral nerve root with encroachment of left neural faramina.
mr imaging reveals diffuse disc bulges at l4-5 and l5-s1 levels indenting the thecal sac with mild narrowing of bilateral neural formania

please tell me what to do as one doctor is saying for laser therapy and another doctor is saying for medicines and one another doctor says bed rest and exercise.......... and I don't know what to do....please help me and mail me at ***@****  please please please....
YOU HAVE TO GO 5-7 DOCTOR TO GET THE RIGHT ANSSWER FROM YOUR MRI!!
I HAVE ABOUT 7 REPORT DO NOT HAVE THE SAME !
1. Mild  ditaloxonal paynewopalhy.
2. Spinal stenosis.
3.widely patent spinal canal and neural foraminal.
4. mild disc bulge.
5. Facet joint arthropathy.
6. Bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing.
pain in my spine and go down my two legs to my feet with fire and pain and other and weakness in my legs and spine.
Can someone assist me in understanding the severity of my condition. Recent MRI results reveal" T5-6 a moderate disc extrusion with inferiority extruded disc fragment paracentral to the right that is impinging upon and mildly flattening the cord." This is a result of a car accident on 11/1/2012. Two months of PT with little relief. What can I expect? What does all this really mean?
HELLO EVERYBUDDY,
I Just visited this site and after reading of some posts ,inspired to ask a question if any buddy here can help me to understand my wife's spinal problem.
My Wfe age 38 , complaining for a back pain since last 5 years.Resently she consulted an Orthopedic Surgon in India and the Dr. Advised her an x-ray.the x-ray report is as given below.
X-RAY SPINE LITERAL VIEW:- there is E/O Midl reduction of IV Disc Space at L2 L3 Level and at L3,L4,L5,S1 Level Posterior Aspect;There is Mild SCLEROSIS and BIOCONCAVITY at Margins.There are Osteophytes at End corners.P/0 Chronic Degenerative Changes .
I am realy very very confused and very worried about my wife's health. whether her back pain is curable? what her x-ray report says? is any thing is going more worst ?and what precautions I / We have to take so the condition may not turn to more worse? if any buddy from the field of medicines , medical,surgery or orthopedic can help me out to understand the risk and guide me to save my wifes health will be highly oblidged. kindly reply/post.regards
Can you explain my MRI results:
1. C5-C6 degenerative disc diseas and discosteophytic spurring abutting the anterior margin of the spinal cord.
2. Extradural oval mass posterior left T3-T4 level likely representing a synovial cyst.
need help my boyfriends mri says his L1-L2L3L4 has 2 and 3 mm bulge he is in so much pain he  can't sleep more than 1 hour at a time and then he sits for hour.he has an appoinment with the orthopedic surgen next week and his is so nervous. will surgery be necessary?
thanks Lily
My doctor recommended me for surgery. Here is what my MRI report said. Someone please explain this to me. There is desiccation of the L3-4, L4-5, and L5-S1 disks. At L5-S1 there is a left lateral focal disk protrusion impinging the left sided nerve root

Your disc  L3-4, L4-5, and L5-S1 disc are not as spongy as they should be. The L5 S1 disc is bulging/herniated on the left side and pressing on a nerve. More than likely the reason they want to operate is because you are at risk for permanent damage to the nerve getting pinched.  There is a Nerve conduction chart on my profile that would be helpful for you to look at. please feel free to look and share with anyone. Best wishes, Sissie
I was recently involved in a car accident that has caused some damage in my lower back. My immediate concern is that I had back surgery on ruptured discs on my lower left side a few years ago and ever since then mine back had been sensitive.  I recently felt a shift in my lower back and over the past week a severe pain has affected my right side starting from my lower back bottom area down to practically my ankle. A rather sharp pain and hurts so bad. It sometimes is even hard to ben over to get dressed, sit or even stand for long periods of time.  
My MRI report states this LUMBAR SPINE
L4-L5 mild foraminal disc bulging bilaterally greater on the right. Small component of right foraminal protrusion.  No hypertrophic facet DJD. No central stenosis. Foraminal stenosis is mild to moderate on the right.
L5-S1 demonstrates a mild broad disc bul0dge extending into both neural foramina greater on the left. There is a mild left paramedian peripheral annular tear. Formal stenosis is mild on the left.
I just recieved my mri and it says minimal disc herniation with disc narrowing with disc desiccation without spinal canal stenosis  in my L-s spine

Then my cervical says minimaldisc herniation with effacement of thecal sac without spinal cord compression
What does this really mean
Can someone help me understand my CT lumbar spine?  Recently I had such severe pain when I got up out of the chair I could not walk. Next day I was fine. My CT was taken 3/2013 and they want to take another CT scan. I cannot have a MRI.

It reads as such:

L4-L5 and L5-S1 significant facet arthropathy is noted with degenerative changes.
L1-L2 and L2-L3 demonstrate no significant foraminal stenosis or central canal stenosis.
L3-L4 demonstrates small broad based disc bulge. Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis is noted. Mild facet arthropathy is noted.
L4-L5 demonstrates small broad based disc bulge. Moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis is noted with facet arthropathy.
L5-S1 demonstrates disc desiccation with disc space narrowing. Small broad based disc bulge is noted. Mild to moderate bilateral foraminal stenosis is noted.