Neurology Community
How serious is this? Anybody want to offer clarification?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How serious is this? Anybody want to offer clarification?

I just turned 29 years old and I have been having pain for the past three months.  My right hip is continually numb and I have pain that shoots down my right leg sporadically to my right calf.  After multiple trips to Urgent Care and continual paid meds that don't work I asked for an X-ray and MRI.  The doctor said the X-ray showed nothing.  I have listed my MRI results below.  I was wondering what exactly all this means.  What kind of treatment plan I should expect and if I should be worried about future spinal surgery...

FINDINGS:  Sagittal and axial sequences of the lumbar spine were obtained without contrast.  Lateral view demonstrates grade I anterolisthesis L5 on S1.  There is mild decreased signal intensity of the L4/5  disc consistent with mild disc degeneration.  There is mild annular disc bulge without focal herniation or canal stenosis.  Diffuse annular disc bulge is present at the L5-S1 level.  This in combination with the anterolisthesis causes moderate bilateral neuroforaminal stenosis, right greater than left.  

IMPRESSION:
1.  Bilateral L5 pars defects with grade I anterolisthesis L5 on S1.  The anterolisthesis in combination with diffuse annular disc bulge causes bilateral neuroforaminal stenosis, right greater than left.  No spinal canal stenosis.

2.  Mild annular disc bulge with small posterior annular fissure at L4/5.  No focal herniation or canal stenosis.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!  :)