Husband and wife brain tumors
Has anyone out there ever had both bleeding cavernous hemangiomas and a brain anuerysm both??
I have had at least two maybe three bleeds of the hemangiomas and am worried that it is causing me memory problems.  But the doctors seem to be more concerned with the anuerysm.  It is sacular and approx 4mm.  I was wondering if anyone out there has had an anuerysm operated on and if so did that end the problem and how long did it take to recover from the surgery?  And they said if they repaired the anuerysm they would take the hemangiomas out at the same time.  This is extremely difficult to decide at this time as my husband is being treated for brain cancer right now and he is not whole. But if I knew that the recovery would be fairly easy it might be worth the risk, rather than risking a major hemmorage.  My tumors were discovered while my husband was undergoing brain radiation.  I think stress must play a role in all this. Any advise or thoughts would be appreciated.
I would say you are lucky that these are operable and may be best to have the surgery before any further problem that may cause you permanent damage. I have seen people who recovered from aneurysm surgey and were fine. Your doctor can tell you how long the recovery may be. Frequently they say 6 or 8 weeks after surgery. Perhaps you can arrange for your husbands care or get home help? I am sorry you are both having health challenges, that must be very difficult. My husband had brain cancer and it was alot to deal with, I can understand how hard it must be to make this decision for yourself at this time and everyone must make their own decisions that are right for them. Maybe your doctor can give you more information to guide you regarding how long you could safely wait or statistics that may be helpful, maybe they don't know. I hope you get the support you need and all the best to you and your husband.