Husband just diagnosed with Syncope. Can anyone tell me about the additional tests?
My husband was just diagnosed with syncope (after a 1 1/2 years of trying to find out).  The dr wants to do another tilt table test along with  few other tests the same day to determine which kind of syncope he has (If I understood him correctly).   Does this sound right?

My other question is this.  My husband has a small node on his lung that several doctors said was so samll they weren't concerned and to have it checked again in a year.  The neurologist that diagnosed him with syncope said he wants to do a test to make sure that his body is not working overtime trying to fight off an infection or the beginnings of cancer.  I can't remember exactly what he said but something about his autoimmune system or pan-autoimmune system?  He said he wouldn't be looking for cancer necessarily, but maybe it would let us know if he might have cancer in the future?  Can anyone explain this?  Did I confuse things, am I confused?

(I am not sure if I am posting this in the right area)