Hydrocephalus,sub arachnoid cyst and epilepsy
My daughter was born with Hydrocephalus, sub arachnoid cyst and epilepsy. She has gone threw several surgeries the first 3 year to have her shunt revised due to it failing. She also has gone threw one shunt infection when she was 3. That was probably the scariest of all her surgeries. My daughter seizures are the grand Mal, and she usually requires rectal diastat to come out of her seizure unfortunately. Because of that we keep her bed in our room so we can hear and wake up to her if she were to go into a seizure. It seems that her seizures are usually sleep related. Normally in the morning hours is when she goes into her seizures. She tends to have seizures anywhere from monthly too the point where she can go month without having one. She takes medication daily (carbatrol 1 pill 3x a day and keppra twice daily. I read stories saying that keppra sometimes causes mood swings which I have noticed in her. But she's been on these medications for so long I guess I always thought that's just how she was.
She is 5 now, and very smart. She has an extremely great memory. Unfortunately she has a very hard time with her concentration, fine motor skills, and with her coordination. She gone through birth to 3 when she was younger and it seemed to help her tons. She attends kindergarten now and is in a special education class. I have her in gymnastics which she attends once a week and we work with her several nights durning the week to try to help her with her coordination. I'm trying  to find something similar to birth to 3 to help her in the area where she needs it and is hoping to find something soon.
I guess I'M wondering if there are any other parents who are going through anything similar to this and was wondering what you do to help your child and deal with this situation. We love our daughter a lot and only want to see her do the best she possibly can out of life. I guess I could use any

This discussion is related to Arachnoid cyst and hydrocephalus.