Hyperactive Vagal Nerve

I am really hoping someone can help me...I am a 25 year old healthy female but have been experiencing intense fight or flight, anxiety symptoms daily for the past 9 months. My doctor told me it was just standard anxiety and put me on "use when needed" meds.

However - when I was little I used to pass out often and my heart would stop. It occurred if I turned my head quickly or hit it etc.  This went on since I was young until about 6 or 7. Then I grew out of it.  My doctor told my parents it was a hyperactive vagal nerve.

I'm not sure it is has come back and that is what is causing this (because I do not have a high stress life by any means).  The systems are an increased heartbeat, dizziness and feeling faint, nausea, and a numbness/heavyness in my arms and legs.

I'm not sure whether to take my drs word for it that it is just anxiety (which I have never had before) or do something else. Even if it is hyperactive vagal nerve - is there anything that I can do about that besides taking "as needed" meds?

Thank you for your help!