Neurology Expert Forum
Hyperextend neck tilt head back passesout

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello I am looking for advice or any suggestions. My husband in 2004 had a brain injury fractured skull and bleeding in the brain Epidural Hematoma at the Occipital and left Temporal area. Then about a year later his Cerebellum started to Atrophy and the Dr.'s can't explain why they are stumped. Question: When my husband lifts his head hyperextends as to look up passed midpoint eye level his right ear goes deaf the left ear the sound is like he is in a tunnel everything goes white and he passes out. When he does it standing though it is instant passing out. When he comes round his Headache is worse, his Nystagmus is really bad, he is very Dizzy and Uncoordinated and the tunnel sounds last for awhile. I just took him in for an Angiogram where they had him move his head to the point of when he feels his symptoms the Angiogram turned out okay, but he pass out. The Dr. said he kept call my husbands name with no response and he was rubbing his knuckles on his chest with no response at first then he came round. Please if you have any suggestion on any other test that might help find where the problem might be it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much
Could it be Meniere's disease or Vagus nerve problem?
You may want to look into vertebral artery compression - this can lead to dizziness and blackouts.