Neurology Expert Forum
I AM DESPERATE FOR HELP!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I AM DESPERATE FOR HELP!

Im 24 yrs old. I have been diabetic since i was 12. I was perfectly healthy up until i became pregnant with my daughter whom is now 5. The pregnancy was horrible and unimaginable. Ever since it has been a roller coaster. I constantly feel as if i am going to "pass out", though i never have. The whole time during pregnancy and even still i have had anxiety issues, because i am always afraid something is going to happen to me or i am going to die because i still have no answers. I am on antidepressant Effexor and i take Xanax as needed. It is almost if i have PTSD because none of the anxiety started until i became pregnant and it has gotten worse ever since. Recently within the past year or so, i have been numbness and tingling and feelings of "my legs will not hold me, or they are going to give out" on a daily basis. I cannot walk long distances. I have had every test possible, ive seen pretty much every kind of specialist
1 Comment
Ive been ruled out for thyroid problems, cushings disease, many other diseases, heart problems, kidney problems. I have had probably 8 MRIs done within the last 5 years and the last time i checked my med records i have had around 20+ CT scans done(different parts of the body) and countless Xrays. Nothing has been found until recently.... I found a neurologist and seen him outpatiently. I had seen a neuro in the hospital the times i was admitted and everything was fine, everything came back negative and all testing was perfect. My regular dr had me go get a MRI done of the lumbar spine, cervical spine, and my brain. The radiologist reading was " There is increased white matter on the left side... blah blah blah and the results read "Likely from migraine angiopathy or "changes". I brought this to the neurologist. He was short and sweet, looked at it said i had a "Lacunar infarct" and that it was a small stroke. Put me on topamax, b1 and b6 and pulled me off of my toprol xl and fish oil, and magnesium and told me i needed to lose weight.... that was it. I was highly confused. I then has a dizzyness and movement test, eye and ear test, and a lower and upper nerve conduction study and a EEG, all in the same day. I seen him that day.... he seemed annoyed and tells me "You have a pinched nerve in your back" and i said " what do we do about that?" and he says "Lose weight" and walks out. I then go back a few weeks later because of the frustration and i said "How come everytime i come, i get a different story about whats wrong with me?" he then tells me the reason my legs feel the way they do is because i have "Diabetic phirephral neuropathy" Yet no other doctor has told me that before.... and i have had ultrasounds of my legs and many other tests done and never heard of any of this. I then proceed to my regular physician whom ive been in the care of for 6 years and he tells me the neurologist "has a problem" that i DID NOT have a stroke or lacunar infarct, that i simply have signs of migraines... severe migraines, yet he did not look at the actual mri scan, he trusted in the report from the radiologist. Im so confused beyond anything..... he knows about the feeling in my  legs and he does believe i have a pinched nerve and soon will be ordering a standing up mri to see if any disks or anything bulge upon standing because my legs are fine when sitting and laying. There are days where i wake up, my head foggy, and when i move my eyes it feels as if the muscles inside are pulling so tight i feel a weird feeling in my head. I cannot stand long and within the past few days i have been getting little "episodes" of blanking out, muscle spasms, heart rate goes up, blood pressure gets elevated, numbness and tingling and feeling of panic. This i believe is anxiety but im already on antidepressants and use Xanax as a last resort. Im not sure what to do anymore and am just trying to get some insight if anyone is suffering like this......