I FRACTURED MY C2 VERTEBRAE AND HAVE QUESTIONS
About a month ago I was hit by a car [drunk driver] as i was jogging. Injuries were fractured skull, and a fracture in my C1 and C2 vertebrae in my neck. My doctors at Saint Marys Truama Medical Center in Palm Beach Gardens told me to wear my custom neck brace [white stirofoam type material with metal] that they made for me, for 6 to 8 weeks as my bone heals. Its been 5 weeks now, and I was hoping I was going to get my brace off within the next two weeks. I saw another Neurosurgon, and told me I would have to wear it for another 'minimum of another 3 months. This is deffently messing up everything I had going for me, but I was wondeing, why would everything change so sudden? Three more months of a neck brace to heal a C1 and C2 neck fracture? Im just a bit confused.
Hi there sorry to here your news but i myself suffered the same injuries on 4 th april 08 and my c1 is still fractured even after halo fixation for 13 weeks and now miami j collar for 23 weeks,
This is a notoriously hard fracure to mend as it takes so long.
Im looking still at a very long road