Neurology Expert Forum
I Hit my head and the pain is still there even after

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

A few weeks ago I was messing around with some of my friends and we were chasing each other. And I didn't see a rope in front of me and I hit it, fliped over it, flew back, and hit my head hard on a tree root. Is there anyway that there is an unvisiable wound, and is there any way to treat it?
If you're otherwise neurologically normal (no weakness or sensory symptoms, vision/speech/cognitive changes, persistent nausea and vomiting) this far out from the initial injury, it's unlikely that there has a serious brain lesion or injury such as a post-traumatic bleed.  Following head trauma, especially if you lost consciousness, it's normal to have headaches afterwards.  Usually, they last about 8weeks and go away on their own.  If you start to experience worsening of the headaches or any of the above symptoms, then of course get medical attention ASAP.  Otherwise, you can just observe for now.  ANother option would be to see a neurologist or even an internist just to make sure everything is ok.  Depending on what they find, they may order a simple CT scan of the brain which can rule out bleeds or an MRI for better definition of the brain tissue.  For now, just take it easy and try some NSAIDs like motrin or some tylenol as needed for the pain. Best of luck.
1 Comment
A related discussion, head truma was started.