I NEED ANSWERS QUICKLY
I HAD A CERVICAL ANTERIOR DISCECTOMY IN DEC 07 AND IN FEB O8 I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH FIBROMYALGIA. I KNOW I HAVE IT CUZ I HAVE ALLLL THE PAIN. MY QUESTION IS COULD THE SURGERY I HAD BROUGHT ON FIBRO. THEY SAY INJURY OR TRAUMA TO THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM COULD BE A CAUSE. BY THE WAY, IT WAS MY C6/7 I HAD FUSED AND I HAVE HAD NO RELIEF OF SYMPTOMS OR PAIN AND NOW THEY TELL ME MY C5/6 IS HERNIATED.
Hello dear,
There is no correlation between thedisc fusion and the fibromyalgia. There is always a risk of recurrent herniation if surgery is done previously.For the C5-6 herniation you should follow conservative treatment. Treatment options are geared toward pain relief.
Pain medications such as NSAIDs, corticosteroids orally or injected, anti-spasm drugs, anti-convulsants to help with the burning pain, and in some cases, narcotic pain relievers are given.
You  should go in for Physical therapy such as hydrotherapy, massage, and hot/cold therapy.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) is a treatment in which a painless electrical current is sent to specific nerves through electrode patches that are placed on the skin. The mild electrical current generates heat that serves to relieve stiffness, improve mobility, and relieve pain
Treatment methods should be focused on pain relief and maintaining quality of life.Although slow, usually these conservative treatments relieve pain.
He can take vitamin B supplements and medicines like lyrica if your neurologist suggests.
Refer http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article180.html
Best

Thankyou for yor help I definately need some form of pain management and my dr is referring me to a pain clinic I think I will show them your suggestion because everything thus far has not helped. If there is no correlation between my surgery and fibro do you have any idea why it came on after surgery to the nerves in my neck? Thanks Again