Neurology Community
I Need help.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I Need help.

hi my name is Crystal,
i have been searching the web for answers to my illness. i have been to so many doctors whom when it all gets to hard has sent me away. i have found a dr that is standing by me but has run out of idea's i am desperately trying to see a neaurologist but am on a waiting list or untill i can pay to see one privately. i fell 5 metres and landed on my forhead, my lower body whip lashing over my shoulders. i was only 13 now im 22 and am still suffering. no breaks just all muscular. i suffer neck, lower and upper back pain and serious neauro sypmtoms. i have had, brains scans (mri,ct and dye), back scans (ct), neck scans (ct, Mri), eeg, every migraine prevention medication known to man, everything. my nearo symtoms (symptoms) include constant hand tremor, flashing episodes in eyes lasting 30 mins, double vision lasting 10 mins and feeling out of it with troubled vision for upto hours after attack, extreme fatigue, numbness and tingling down one side of body and face lasting mins, sharp stabbing pains and tingling sensations all through upper back and sometimes face all symptoms increse severity with heat. originally thought to be migraine but i have no headache and my symtoms (symptoms) have gone from a couple of times a year to a few times a week, with new symptoms continuing to appear. ms has been ruled out with mri done on brain and neck although i am skeptical and would like a second opinion as my whole back wasn't scanned. i need help i need expert advise: ruled out Epilpsy, thairoid, brain tumor, Ms, whats next? this is affecting my life, my relationship, my jobs and driving.

Help me! please! anyone know anyone who can help?

Welcome to the forum!  I am sorry you are having this pain and symptoms.  It can be very stressful waiting to see a physician.

I think you should definitely make an appointment with a neurologist for another opinion.  A lot of us on the forum have many similar pain and symptoms you describe.  It can be very, very frustrating.  You are not alone......

Sometimes diagnosis can take a long time, but you must be persistent in your own health care.  Waiting can be difficult.

I would like to refer you to the top right-hand corner of the page for "Health Pages."  There is wonderful information here.  Also to the left under applications, there are several areas such as trackers, journals, notes, and my health records where you can document your symptoms.

I would suggest you start making a "history of symptoms" so that you can present this to the neurologist when you are able to make an appointment.  History is very important.

I want to wish you the best!

terri
Hi, Thank you very much for your question; although it is quite difficult for me to give you a precise diagnosis here without being able to examine you, though I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern. Your symptoms could be due to injury to a nerve, pressure on spinal or peripheral nerves (neuropathy), vitamin deficiency, lack of blood supply due to cholesterol plaque from atherosclerosis in the extremities, viral infection and use of certain medications.  In addition, atherosclerosis can also cause pain, numbness, and tingling while walking and they can also reduce blood supply and lead to numbness. Please consult your doctor to get all these possibilities evaluation in your case for further assessment. Hope this helps.

Thankyou for replying to my question. I will be seeing my Dr next week i will bring up some of those possibilities with him and see what he says. At this point in time i just want a diagnosis im sick and tired of it just being the unknown, once i know at least i can treat it. im trying to see a nearologist as soon as i can, if you have any other idea's please update me. I am very thankfull.
Regards Crystal
Hi again Crystal,

I was just following up to see if you got a response from a physician.

I saw how you stated MS was ruled out.  I have been in your exact shoes several years ago myself back in 2003.  Now 7 years later, I am still seeing my neurologist, although I must tell you that over the past several years I went to 2 other neurologists looking for an answer.

I myself have been left with many symptoms that come and go, plus new ones over the past 2-3 years.  I have some of the same symptoms that you do, although everyone is different with their symptoms.

MS is a very, very difficult disease to diagnose.  Some get a diagnosis sooner rather than later.  A diagnosis can take several years for others.  Lesions tend to come and go on MRIs until scarring occurs from what I understand.  

I am not by any means an expert, just some one like you looking for answers.  Only we know our bodies and know something is wrong, and that is why we have to be aggressive in our own health care.  You are definitely doing the right thing in doing so.

terri

hey terri, i am sorry to hear you are also going through the pain and frustration that i also am. i would never wish it apon any one and feel very emotional when i find someone else is going through the same thing.

Thankyou for your kind words and advice i will deffinately keep in touch and let you know how my doc appointment goes. i am still waiting to see a neaurologist unfortunately but i am hopeing that when i do i can get some answers, i just have to hang out till i can.

You were saying that you sort a few opinions, what was the final result? or are you still looking for answers?
Take care, Crystal
go to Pennsylvania Jefferson headache clinic.