Neurology Expert Forum
I can't sleep at all because I feel like I'm on fire.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I can't sleep at all because I feel like I'm on fire.

Ok, well. I tried taking a nap yesterday around 7PM and tried going to sleep until 9PM. Well, I was unable to, because I was waking up every 10 minutes just yeah..I'd doze off, wake up in a very odd pattern.

So, I went to bed around 6 AM This morning...I set my alarm for 10 AM I have to be somewhere this morning, so I figure 4 hours of sleep will suffice because I don't need to be up too long.

Well, I raise my window, put my box fan on it, turn that on, close my A/C vent and try to go to sleep.

Now, I wake up at 8:30 extremely 'toasty'. I feel like I'm on fire, but I'm not sweating an ounce. (Note I"m under a comforter) I'm also jittery and moving around a lot, completely unable to keep my legs still. I feel like I'm also phasing in and out of consciousness. I'm technically not (I think.) I'm also having a lot of mental pictures, they're also dream-like, but I'm not asleep. These mental images were of Atari games (I'm not kidding, I guess it was a random though on my mind) mixed with just general other thoughts. All of these mental pictures were kind of rapid and rather lucid.

I tried going back to sleep, but I'm completely unable to. Now that I'm out of bed, moving around I still feel unbearably toasty and unbelieveably tired.