Neurology Community
I have a loose screw in my lumbar it is in my disc??

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

i had a lumbar fusion back in 03 on L5 S1 and i got hit by a car five times in mall garage two years ago... i have been having problems lately with my sciatica went to ER last night and today they called to tell me the screw that was loose is in my disc to see my Neuro but he is on vacation until the 8 of jan and there isnt anyone else that has room for me in their office..how serious is this and do i look for another Neuro or should i wait to see mine ????????Confused and hurting badly..I have a Neuropathy i didnt know before surgery It is a form of CMT mine is HNPP a form of c-Marie-tooth not sure of the first word the spelling...surgery was a night mare and i am scared now due to the loose screw in my disc..I cant have pressure on my body that causes my nerves to die that is how i found out i had the Neruopathy because i got worse after back surgery and had a emg and it showed slowing of nerves and i had blood test sent to Athena and they did genetic testing and found i had this disease.. HNPP stands for Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies missing gene on chromosone 17.....Please any suggestions would help.. Grace