Neurology Community
I have had seizure-like experiences and I’d like to hear your opinion.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had seizure-like experiences and I’d like to hear your opinion. I am 21 years old and it has happened 3 times. The first time, I had a decent amount to drink and about 3 hits from a bowl. A few minutes later I began to feel like I was going to throw up so I attempted to walk to the bathroom, I lost control of my body and fell to the ground. I came-to slowly, first it was blurry without sound and then I could see that all of my friends were surrounding me. I couldnt muster the energy to get off the ground for about 10 minutes. They all told me later that I was convulsing while on the ground. The second time, I had 3 margaritas and 2 drags off of a blunt. A few minutes later I felt like I couldn't hold myself up so I attempted to go inside to sit down and on my way I dropped to the floor. I only lost consciousness for a few seconds that time. I busted up my hands and knees while on the ground, though. The third time, I had 1 glass of wine and 3 hits of a blunt. This time I was sitting when I felt sick, realized the symptom and remained seated. The next thing I remember is I am being held up on my seat by my friend and others are getting wet rags, because I am sweating, and water. My head is cocked backwards and one friend grabs my head to move it forward and I immediately throw up all over the floor. I continued to throw up for 3 minutes. They said I had another seizure (they decided this last time because one of my friends used to regularly have seizures so this was his best guess). Since then, I have stopped smoking weed. I assumed it was due to the drinking and smoking together. I never went to a doctor about it in fear of telling them I was smoking weed.