Neurology Expert Forum
I hit my head three months ago
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I hit my head three months ago

I hit my head three mounths ago with a metal bar and I have had headaches since that day. I went to the hospital but they said that it just was a hit. They didn't take a capscan test or something like that of my head. Sometimes I feel the same pain as the same day I hit my head (in the same part of my head). I would like to know it can be dangerous?  thanks
sorry my English
Related Discussions
There is a type of headache called "post-traumatic headache" which occurs after an injury to the head or brain. This far out from the injury, you may or may not need imaging of the brain with an MRI or CT depending on your clinical history, presence of other symptoms and neurological findings. If you are weak on one side of the body or have lost sensation, vision, etc... then it would be more urgent to have evaluation with an MRI or CT scan (also called a cat scan). A medication called elavil can be helpful in these types of headaches as well as migraine medications like imitrex. Talk to your doctor about setting up an appointment for a formal exam just to make sure everything is ok. THen, consider trying elavil if your doctor is ok with it. GOod luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank