Neurology Community
I need help PLEASE!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I need help PLEASE!!

I have tried everything and need your advice, I hope you can help me. I have had neck pain with headaches for 3 1/2 yrs now and nothing takes away the pain.
I started seeing a chiropractor in 6/06 for lower back pain I was having and at that time he also started adjusting my neck. After my first neck adjustment I started having horrific daily headaches. They would start in my neck and then continue up the back of my head and they would go down my back to right past my shoulder blades. There was nothing I could ever do to make them go away. This neck pain has continued to get worse. I have seen so many Doctors over the past 3 1/2 years and no one could tell me why I was having the pain. All they could figure out was that I have arthritis in my neck and some disc degeneration but they found nothing that would cause me to have the horrible daily pain I was having.

I have tried every injection and procedures including nerve blocks that was available I also tried acupuncture for 6 months but nothing would relieve my pain.
I did see 2 Neurosurgeons and neither said they would operate on me because they didn't feel the degeneration was bad enough so again all I keep hearing is try to deal with the pain.
I finally went to the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio in 1/09 and the Doctor I saw there concluded I have a slight Chiari malformation to which the surgeon concurred.

Ultimately that lead me to the Chiari Institute in New York. While I was there they said I have a slight tonsil descension but not enough to need surgery. Upon looking at my MRI's the surgeon said I do have a very unstable neck and brain compression. He said I have the neck of a 70 yr. old and added that I don't have anything supporting my head and when I stand or sit up my neck falls about 3/4 of an inch to my shoulders. He suggested I try at home traction with a pronex unit and a vista collar if I traveled.  I will do ANYTHING to make this pain go away! The pronex gave me more pain during and after using it. I had already figured I might go through a stage where I could get worse before I get better, so I continued to use it. After a week I couldn't use the pronex without crying the whole time while using it. I checked with my doctor and he suggested that I stop using it.
Next I was referred to another Doctor in Ny named Dr. Alon Mogilner to try a neuro stimulator. He inserted a trial in my neck for a week to see if it was going to work. It didn't help at all it didn't even reach the spot in my neck that needed the help. So he decided to move it to a spot between my shoulder blades on my spine and unfortunately it didn't help either. After that they suggested I try a pain pump. I did not want to do that because I still feel there is something wrong with me that can be fixed. But I did get a refferal to a Doctor in Columbus, Ohio to talk about it. After seeing all of the MRI's, CT's and other tests he suggested I go back to see Dr. Gerwitz (neurosurgeon), so I did. He finally decided he would try a disc fusion which I had done Aug. 27, 2009. My pain is still the same since having the surgery nothing has changed. Dr. Gerwirtz said most people get relief right after surgery so he doesn't think that was my problem but he has no suggestions for me on what to do next.
I am just at the end of my rope, I don't know how much longer I can take this pain, it is EVERY day ALL of the time, I'm so tired of being sick and tired. I have a wonderful family, my husband is amazing, if it weren't for him I would never have gotten most doctors to even listen to me and try anything. We have 4 kids and my husband works 3 jobs to support us since I can no longer work. I feel so bad that he has to work so hard even though he never ever complains. I just want to have my life back and thought maybe you could help.
Here are all of my symptoms:
Neck pain
Headaches
Tinnitus (very bad)
Nausea
Blurry vision (comes and goes)
Dizziness
Very frequent urination
Body aches
Memory problems