Neurology Community
I need help understanding my MRI results...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Can someone explain to me what my MRI results mean, using simple words?

Brain MRI Results:

HISTORY:  Patient with neuralgia right mandibular area.

DIAGNOSIS:  Nonspecific right masseter muscle asymmetry.

FINDINGS:
1.5 Tesla brain sequences: Standard protocol

The midline ventricles are normal in caliber, without abnormal subdural, epidural fluid collections.

The bilateral perivascxular spaces and intracanicular acoustic nerve complex areas are outlined.  Patent intraluminal flow void lies within the intracranial internal carotid, proximal middle cerebral, vertebral and basilar arteries.  The cerebellar tonsils lie in the posterior fossa.

Despite magnetic susceptibility artifact and nonspecific artifact, the DWI sequence is suspected to be negative for restricted diffusion to suggest possible recent ischemic white matter change of the brainstem, the cerebellum or the cerebral hemispheres.

Limited survey of the sella and the bilateral orbits is suspected to be negative for large distorting lesions.  The C1 through C4 vertebral body and C2-C3 through C4-C5 disc heights are within the range of normal variation.

Levels of mild anterior spondylolisthesis within the range of normal variation include C2 relative to C3 and C3 relative to C4.

C3-C4 has mild suspected posterior disc bulging, without suspected impingement upon the spinal cord.  C4-C5 has possible posyerior disc protrusion versus inferior sagittal field of view artifact.

The brainstem, the prepontine cister in the area of the cisternal trigeminal nerves, the parapharyngeal soft tissues adjacent to the areas of the bilateral foramen ovale are suspected to be negative for large distorting lesions.

The coronal FLAIR sequence has masseter muscle asymmetry with the inferior right masseter muscle mildly narrower than the left, and without suspected increased lipomatous or edematous signal.  The masseter muscle asymmetry is nonspecfic and may be secondary to possible normal variation, rather than atrophy, due to the lack of lipomatous or edematous muscle signal.