IM injection and now nerve damage?
I received an intramuscular (dorsogluteal) Toradol injection in the ER on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, I woke up with extreme sensitivity to skin-to-skin contact, tingling, numbness and pain at the injection site. I immediately noticed this unusual sensation. I have contacted a couple of doctors and they said that this was temporary and the pain should subside relatively soon (within a week). But, the symptoms are progressing and sensitivity/pain is actually moving up from the injection site. I am weak and also suffering from constipation and difficulty in urinating. Everyone keeps telling me this is normal due to an increased volume at the injection site which is causing inflammation around the nerve. But, I have been on NSAIDs for 5 days and wearing a lidocaine patch on the injection site with no relief. Please help. I am terrified this is permanent. I just feel like no one is listening to how serious this could potentially be.
I have this injection before, and I can tell you it was a NIGHTMARE for me.  Toradol has ALOT of nasty side effects.  Be sure NOT to take this medication again.  It took about 4 weeks for me to recover.  Be careful with mixing an NSAID with this drug.  When did you start taking ther NSAID?  

In my case, I just iced the area and rested when I could.  The lidocaine patch should be help though.  

I would recommend following up with your PCP/Family Physician asap; I would consider this an adverse reaction to Toradol.  
You just explained my experience exactly!!! My pain seems to come on about 30 minutes after lying down to go to bed. My Toradol shot was given 2 weeks ago and the pain is worse than the Sciatica pain.
I am about to loose my mind and don't know what to do. Any other comments are greatly appreciated.
Hello There,

I know these posts are old, but I was hoping to talk to someone about this same issue. Would love to hear from you if anyone sees this message.

Thanks!