Neurology Expert Forum
Ibs? IBD? Gluten?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ibs? IBD? Gluten?

I have strong vibrating in abdomen, which can also go down my legs to my feet. My bowel habit vary quite a bit, constipation, the water from bowel. Eating seems to make me ill. I go on to have pain in bones, ie: thigh bone, calf bone, feet, really severe pain. I did find a name for it on the web but can't remember where! But it linked ibs or IBD, withe pain in tendons in knees, heel, toes, it's very hard to explain. My legs are vibrating right now, and pulse or throbbing down legs. I wish I could remember the name for this. I would be so greatful if you have the answer. Regards
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

Celiac disease is an immune-mediated GI disorder where a person has increased sensitivity to gluten proteins. This reaction can injure the GI tract which results in diarrhea, bloating, etc. Also, other systems can be affected. For example, the nervous system can be affected resulting in a neuropathy or ataxia. There can be genetic component to the disease. Screening is performed by checking serum IgA anti-endomysial antibodies. Ultimately, a biopsy may be necessary. Treatment is with a gluten-free diet.

I suggest you follow up with a gastroenterologist to discuss your concerns.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.