Neurology Community
Ice Pick Pain, Pressure & Itching on Right Side of Head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Over the past six months to a year, periodically I will get a spot on the right side of my head that itches.  It's almost like there's something right under the skin causing it.  (I've used shampoos for itching, but they don't seem to help.)  Then, I will feel extreme pressure on the right side of my head, followed by a pain like an ice pick stabbing into my head (which happens several times).  I am extremely concerned about this.  (It's always in the same spot, just in front of my ear, but a little bit up.)  I've heard of these horror stories where people find bugs and/or worms in their head, which, of course freaks me out!  Is there anything that you can think of that would cause all of these symptoms to occur at the same time in the same place?