Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy
Does anyone know anything about Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy, and CANOMAD? How do you cope with it?

How are you?
Idiopathic peripheral neuropathy occurs due to unknown cause. It usually occurs in people over 60 years old and progresses very slowly.
The typical symptoms are tingling, numbness, pain, faintness and muscle cramps.
Treatment is mainly by OTC pain medications, and special therapeutic shoes.
http://millercenter.uchicago.edu/learnaboutpn/typesofpn/idiopathic/
Canomad syndrome is a very rare disease characterized by chronic ataxic neuropathy, opthalmoplegia, IgM paraproteins, cold agglutinins and disialosyl antibodies.
Treatment is mainly with IVIG antibodies and steroids.

Thank you for your message.

I am a 65 yr old woman, and have had this worsening condition for three years now. Following an incidence of bilateral leg ulcers.

I have all the symptoms you mention. IgM paraproteins I have, though after infusions of Pamidronate they have decreased. My initial diagnosis was thought to be MM or Amyloid, but changed to MGUS and Hypercalcemia, when the paraprotein levels improved, and blood tests show that not to be the case. The latter is also under control now. I have not heard of opthalmoplegia however. It sounds like it is something to with the eyes. I have a lazy eye and double vision quite often.

I have severe neuropathy in both legs, feet and hands. I have a Roto cuff ultra sound tomorrow actually, as my R arm and shoulder are V painful. I am Vit B12 deficient, and have injections every three months now. I'm also on Potassium, my latest blood tests show a 3.2 level. I take Razene for a very itchy skin and Amytriptaline also.

Other blood tests have gone to USA, and will take weeks for a result to come back. But the Dr mentoned Canomad to me as a possible diagnosis.

I try to understand all these medical words but they really are all so new to me, and trying to fit them together is not easy. What is the worst that can happen if it is Canomad? is there anything I can do to lessen the affects of it, and help lessen this bad neuropathy.

Cilycoed.