Neurology Community
Im Shaking!?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Im Shaking!?

Im 14 soon to be 15 and about 2 years ago i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. it all started when i was having migranes (migraines), i went to neurologist, and i took several medications before finding one that helped. Im still not sure though if it really helped or they just kinda stopped for awhile. a year later i was having what i thought was joint pain. it would come anywhere in my body. So i went to my primary doctor and he ordered a blood test. A couple days later, he called and told us we needed to come in. He told me i had a positive ANA and that i have Lupus. He sent me to a ruematologist. He looked over me and said " no you have fibromyalgia". I had always questioned this diagnoses. None of the meds have worked also. My doctor never thinks i need to take more blood test to be sure. So living with what i thought to be fibro but not completely sure now for three years. I have developed some weird symptoms. at night when I'm on my phone, my pinkies go numb and cold. My hands are slightly shaky, and every part of my body shakes when bent, but it doest happen when sitting still. If i raise my shoulders , squat my knees, and bend my fingers they shake. I woke crying one night with a painful cramp in my calf, it lasted about ten minutes. A couple weeks later both my calf were sore, with no exercise and it hurt to step down on my feet. My overall body feels internally shaky. I don't know whats wrong with me and im not sure if the pain im feeling isnt joint pain but there all cramps. Can anyone help me?
1173247_tn?1368006498
Firstly as to your diagnosis, I believe there are a lot of symptoms which cross over between Lupus and Fibromyalgia. Fibro cannot, as yet I believe be diagnosed by a blood test. The main way of diagnosing is the presence of pain in 11 or more out of 18 pressure points in the body, when pressed.

As to your shaking problem, I have Fibro, but don't shake particularly, I know of people with it who do, however. Cramping muscles is another common symptom. I have more muscle pain than joint pain, but I do still have joint pain. I also get numb hands and fingers occasionally.

If the cramping is particularly bothersome, I would see your doctor, there are medications which can help.

Good luck

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank