I'm always in pain from Lumbar down to my right foot.
can my nerves be pinched? is that why i'm always having pain in my right or left leg? the pain goes all the way down to my feet. my right foot hurts to walk on it. especially in the mornings or when i have been sitting or lying down. i cannot even walk on it. it takes awhile for the pain to decrease some. but it still hurts to walk on it. my lumbar area goes numb when i have been leaning forward too long. i slipped and fell at work jan. 16th. 2009. i am still trying to figure out from the company doctor that i had to go to. im waiting for another MRI. the first MRI showed two protruding discs. i get pain into my right hip. sometimes my left. things have gotten worse. what can i do now?
You are exactly right, your lumbar nerves are doing this, which it can be referred to as sciatica, you can look that up from your home page in a general search, or it is sometimes referred to as peripheral neuropathy depending on symptoms, or ruptured disk or fracture if those show up on a scan, or, as you say, pinched nerves.  But there is another possibility of pain in the foot and leg, which is diabetes, which can be discovered by a simple test of your blood sugars by a regular doc.  As for what to do, getting that second MRI will tell the tale, and you should then be treated by a neurologist, he can decide if you can manage with pain medicine, physical therapy, and perhaps a back brace, or if things are really in ruins, the neuro might offer surgery.

But gosh, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling.  I have the almost identical problem with my feet from lumbar trouble.  I don't have diabetes.  But I broke my back in three places in a car wreck, my thoracic and lumbar spine are really goofed up, and I have serious discomfort in both parts, plus my lower back pain is very sharp kind.  Anyhow, I have your same thing with my feet, ohhhh they hurt to walk on, when I get up in the morning or have been sittting or laying a while, just like you, and I limp sometimes.  But the diff between you and me is, when I lean forward too long, instead of numbness, I get pain in my lower spine.  I take Lyrica for it, killed the pain overnight, whereas some mild opiates that I take for another condition did not help at all.

Apparently your bulging discs have maybe gotten worse from when you originally hurt it and, as a result, a nerve that goes down the leg and into the foot is being squeezed now, or perhaps there's some other reason for your pain, the neuro will know when he looks at the scan.  IF the pain you got is not part of the original accident scenario, your work insurance will still cover your scan and neuro visits at the usual percentage, it's just it would be treated as a new health issue and not some workman's comp type thing.  I hope this info steers you in the right direction, and I would suggest you ask your regular doc if he would perhaps prescribe some as-needed pain killers of some kind while you wait for the MRI, plus he can draw blood and check your sugar levels.