Neurology Expert Forum
Increased Blood Pressure due to whiplash Injury?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm a swiss personal injury lawyer. One of my clients got involved in a car crash and sustained a so-called whiplash injury of the neck and a traumatic rupture of the discus L 4/5. Since the accident he suffers additionally from increased blood pressure (systolic and diastolic). Before the accident he underwent regular medical examinations (every 6 months) for many years (he is a flight pilot) that never showed an increased blood pressure. Nevertheless the Swiss Accident Insurance claims that there is no scientific evidence that the increased blood pressure is a consequence of the accident. They argue, both facts (the accident and the increased blood pressure) could also occur coincidentally at the same time. To me, this seems possible but rather improbably. More probably it appears to me that the blood pressure is to due to the accident. Do you know similar cases? What do you think about it? Thank you for your help! Jean Baptiste Huber
see note per medhelp international, we are unable to offer an opinion in this type of case, gs
We are sorry but Med Help International is not able to offer the kind of research assistance you need.  We suggest you contact a Neurologist in your area, who can properly review and research your case from a medical standpoint.

We wish you all the best.

Med Help International
Sir I am not a doctor, I am a victim of similar circumstance. I can understand your frustarations in getting information for your client, in order to dismiss the Swiss insurance company's claim. I would recomend that you investigate the folling:
Pain will cause a rise in blood preasure any cardoligist worth his salt will agree with this.
When a patient has a truma injury he will most likely have what they call Sleep Apena (check spelling) Sleep Apena causes one to not rest at night and sleep disorders, this will cause an increase in blood preasure and may leed to heart attack.
Medications will usauly be many, the doctors try first one medication then they add more medications to control the blood preasure yet the preasure will not stableize. I took five differnt medications to try and control my blood preasure, yet it will not control it due to the sympthons described above. A doctor my think that the kidnneys are blocked and will do invasive test but this will not find the problem. Once the patient has the pain elimmanated and begins to rest at night his blood presure will most likely return to normal without the use of medications. Another problem if he is taking pain medications, this can add to the rise in blood preasure. I hope I have been able to point you in the correct direction and I wish you success.
Roger Murray/***@****
A related discussion, intermittent starvation of blood to endocrine centre was started.
A related discussion, How calculate the whiplash claim was started.