Increased T2 intensity within white matter
Hello,  I had an MRI of the brain with GAD.  The findings showed some subtle foci of Increased T2 signal intensity within periventricular white matter bilaterally.  These do not enhance and are consistent with small foci of gliosis or ischemia or nonspecific demyelinating white matter disease.

What does this mean?  I am 39 years old, and have progressive pain with weakness of my Left Triceps muscles.  An MRI of the cervical region was normal.  I was wondering if this was normal of someone my age, or if I needed to contiinue workup.  I occasionally get fasciculations of my left arm.  Thanks  Todd
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to placing your findings in context with clinical features and the results of other investigation such as hematological, MRI, I can not offer the specific advice & treatment you need. However, I will try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

White matter disease/ischemic microangioapthy involve the brain white matter changes, either exclusively or in combination with grey matter changes. Causes could include metabolism errors, exogenous toxins released by virus, autoimmune disease, leukodystrophy, demyelination, and radiation effects. Spasticity, muscle weakness, paralysis, hyper-reflexia and movement disorder may be the clinical features associated with white matter disease that need to be evaluated thoroughly. However, it is sad to say that there is no permanent cure but conservative treatment & physiotherapy exercises that would help you to regain your normal function and stopping the further progression of the disease. Please consult a neurologist in this regards. Hope this helps.