Increasing tingling and numbness
No improvement of major depression with shrink after a year.  He suggested medical workup.  MRIs and CAT scans indicated 'silent strokes' with no obvious outward physical symptoms except asymmetrical smile..  Lesions in white matter brain.  Unable to  decipher simple math.  Repeating sentences and getting lost in my hometown. Pain in neck + shoulder blades = 'cervical arthritis' C-4 and C-5 (I think)  Started with tingling sensation from one arm, across back + blades, then down other arm.  Now tingling and numbness in left arm goes down to new area (left hand and 3 fingers for the last 3 days)  Hands originally uninvolved.  Should I be concerned about new hand involvement or is this part of silent stroke?  Allergic reaction to gabapentin.  Neurologist out of town.
Due to your cervical arthritis at c-4 and c-5 level your tingling sensation has gone down to the areas supplied by that cervical spinal nerves.(Left hand).
It is an extension of your problem and each spinal nerve supplies a particular territory of your hands and legs and parts of your body.
Continue the medications and take the earliest appointment with your neurologist to confirm.
Take care!