Indentation in top of head
I was really hoping for a suggestion as to why I may have developed an indentation in the top of my head. At first I thought I was crazy, and that it was impossible for that to happen, but over the last few months it seems to have grown and now anyone who feels the top of my head can easily feel it. It scares me, especially since my husband had brain surgery less than 2 years ago- (symptoms completely different of course) I am 35 years old, the only time I remember hitting my head really hard is when I was in elementary school and I fell and hit my head on a tile floor. I have had a history of passing out and having seizures but the doctors never figured out for sure what caused it and it hasn't happened for a few years. The best they came up with was blood sugar, and dehydration as a cause for those episodes, although I never had a MRI or anything of my head. I don't get pains from it, it may be a little tender if I press on the indent kind of hard. Is there any condition that would cause my skull to cave in? please help!
I searched this out and read many posts over the past few days. I am in my mid 40's and I am currently taking Lisinopril & Hydrochlorothiazide for blood pressure.  I am in the process of moving to another state and I am handling this alone so I am definitely stressed.I had take a shower the morning of 3 days ago and my head was fine and just 7 hours after my shower the dent is there. It runs to the right of my middle part near the front of my head. I had movers come to load up my truck with my belongings but I am not one to sit b and do nothing so I pitched in. After 6 hours of constant workout in the 85 degree heat with hardly anything to drink I started to feel a little faint. I stood at the truck talking with the movers and as I went to push sweat off my brow I noticed the dent. It really freaked me out. I decided that this must be from dehydration so I downed a bunch of water. The dent got a bit shorter but was still there the next day. So I decided to not take my hydrochlorothaizide as it is a water pill. I drank plenty of fluids including some V-8 for vitamins. I woke up this morning and the dent is almost gone. I can barely feel where it was. I plan to not take my water pill again today and continue to replenish my fluids. I am hoping it will be back to 100% tomorrow. My thought is...how many others may have been dehydrated and this is the cause for this? I'm not sure for all cases but my Calcium & Vitamin D were just check two weeks ago and I was fine. The only thing different in my life was the dehydration from over doing it on a hot day.
Turns out the issue was wearing my glasses on my head.
Did you have  skull indents before lime d. I had a bite on the back of my neck that took along time to heal , no ring around it  2 months ago .about when my feet and neck were hurting worse than usual ,I haven't had any flu like sickness or fever. I did start on a medication pravastatan for cholesterol .dent started on the left side and within the last few days it's on the right ..this is just weird.
Hello, I'm 17 and i have the dent on the top back of my head. It feels like a "soft spot" and is tender and hurts when I touch it in the middle. I found that it bothers me even more if I drink alcohol. I know that some people think their is no explanation for this but I believe that things just don't happen with out even a little reason. ~ I have noticed that for many people with this dent, it seems to be corasponding with weight loss. Maybe it was always their just more hidden by fat fulling in the dent. Still unsure why their would be pain but maybe a natural pressure point. Remaber we are human and natural and use a lot of things that are not normal for are body's. ~ I hope this helps some. im just looking for an explanation and can only offer my hipothasis
I also know that the dent was not always there and I also got sick and lost a bunch of weight right before I found the dent.
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I too have 2 long dents that started out with just one really thin line which broadened within like 2 weeks & now I have 2 lines with a crown between them that are about the with of my little finger. I am 55 years old & they just started forming around March 2015. So I've been kind of concerned about them because they have grown wider & went from 1 to 2. I also don't drink a lot of milk & I put my glasses & sunglasses on top of my head. I've been trying to find out anything about this,  so thank you to everyone who has posted. I'm gonna try drinking more milk & keeping my glasses off my head. I pray everyone who has this is completely healed. Thank you again everyone. G_D Bless you with healing & health.
Me as well. Just wondering, are you ok?
I last posted October last year! I still have not found an answer. I feel I was not taken seriously, once. Soon I'm going to the dentist to cover this area as well. It isn't nothing! This is the weirdest experience of my life. Where I feel clear changes in my skull and health and doctors aren't listening to me. So bizarre. I feel the band of tight pain around my head now that's what reminded to check out the new replies here. Good luck everyone, I wish you great health, answers and peace. Be strong!
Any answers yet??? Haven't seen anyone from this site on lately so just wondering...are you all still here? Hope someone got some answers..stress if this is tuff..
I am so happy to have happened upon this thread purely by accident.  I have had these dents for several years now and originally noticed them because of deep dark reddish purple lines in my scalp and upon feeling these discolorations found the dents.  They move around and can appear and disappear rather rapidly sometimes with the discoloration; more often not.  Dr.s have told me that they don't exist even though I have shown them pictures of them.  I had my sister take a picture of it and her response was, What is that."  It was gone the next morning.  I asked her to take a picture of it and she said, "There is nothing there."  I told her that that was the point.  I have a suggestion, perhaps we could form a group, discovery group as it were, (since now I know I am not the only one,) and we could start formulating our own research since we are the ones who know best and maybe we could start to throw all our perceived possibilities into a common pot and perhaps discover something or interest a researcher into looking into it.  I know mine exist and I trust that yours exist and I am tired of the medical profession blaming the victim for what they can't explain.
ur not very nice. I have learned not to speak on something unless u have personally experienced it or u want to. 50 people might seem like a lot 2 you but if you truly paid attention,  you would have seen 3 sets of symptoms.  Thanks for trying to bring down a group of scared and worried people who finally  found a place to express their concerns.   ;) I had to sign up so I didn't get the guys name. This is for the guy talking about his brother.  Heaven forbid this site caused one person to feel better or even save a life. I just found the dent, and I am grateful to have found this forum
Attention women!!!!!
I have just discovered my dent at crown, I have clumps of hairloss, had a terrible rash, pain in joints back headaches.
I also put mirena in this year. Check out side effects. Having it out tomorrow!
I have dents on my head that started about a few years ago. And I recently went to the doctor for asthma related issues and I was prescribed high blood pressure medication, as my blood pressure was really high. Literally my dents went away.  Not sure if this is the issue as many of you say that your blood pressure was fine. Just throwing it out there. I hope you all find some answers. <3
My 16 year old has an indentation on the back of the head towards the crown. It seemed to get bigger over time and is tender to the touch. I asked her doctor who felt it but said he had never seen an issue like this turn out to be something pathological. He also said we should see the other doctor&#x27;s head he works with - huge dent but that&#x27;s just the way his skull is formed. We did an x-ray and it was completely normal (although did show a slight depression in the skull there) so he says it must just have been like this from when she was a baby. Possibly from sleeping on her back or something. Just wanted to post because not too many people follow up and this is a cause of anxiety for so many.
What causes an indent in scull of the head ?
I also have large indentation in about the same place in my skull and like you I suffer from seizures (which have been getting worse) in the beginning they were saying mine were caused from something bottoming out (like my blood pressure, blood sugar, potassium, ect.) but now they have dianose me with epilepsy and migraines. This has me worried and I'm going to mention this to my nurologist when I see him, only  is I've had x-rays, cat scans, mris, and 2 regs and they never said anything to me about it.
Occipital neurological syndrome could be some answer. I pray to God no one here..self included..
I had two large dents on the top of my head and it really freaked me out.  I, like others, noticed that it was close to where I wore my glasses on the top of my head.  I stopped doing that and they are going away.  After having them for at least a year, in a week and a half of not wearing glasses on the top of my head, they are almost gone.  I would suggest that everyone with dents should think twice about wearing their glasses on their head or headphones.  

Hope this helps someone.
I just noticed this a few days ago, and they indeed are where my reading glasses, which I always wear, rest... I also take suboxone as of this year and find myself very scatter-brained over the last year, and occasional blurry vision, which is why the reading glasses are a constant wardrobe accessory!
I'm going to stop putting my glasses on my head, increase my water intake, which is 0 right now, and start taking calcium again, as I was deficient on my last check, and see what happens.
I WILL come back and let ya'll know if things improve! God bless ♥
I just noticed I had this same issue tonight on my way home from work. I've never noticed it before in my 40 years. I've been suffering from severe tiredness and forgetfulness recently.. As well as making irrational decisions which isn't like me. I do wear my sunglasses on top of my head daily. They are almost part of my wardrobe. I'll give the suggestion to stop wearing them on top a try and plan to mention this to my physician. Very odd. Hopefully it's not medication related. I take thyroid meds and suboxone daily. Anyone else taking these meds?
After reading these posts I put my glasses on top of my head and the touch where the 2 dent lines are on top of my head.  So I'm going to try to remember not to put them on top of my head.  I have other issues, too (Tietze Syndrome, non-diabetic neuropathy, etc. ), and I hope the glasses are the issue and not some other medical condition.  Let us know what you find out!
I know you wrote your post awhile ago but just wanted to pipe in and say great idea....I would be happy to set up a facebook page if anyone else is interested. We could post descriptions and what we have tried to help the situation. Because I have no medical experience I wouldn't really know where to start. Although in saying that I am studying psychology so am learning to read and interpret research reports. Ill check in again soon to see if there is any interest in this.
I would join, let me know!
Totally down!!! I just found this today and I'm so shocked every single comment is something i experience
Woah that's crazy it's almost like I wrot that myself. Every single problem applies to me wtf! We all need to link up and find out what's the root of the problem. I think the tooth is dead giveaway that there's a problem going on inside our heads (literally lol)
Yall are describing my symptoms exactly! I do also wear my sunglasses on top of my head daily. I'm experiencing the forgetfulness, weird mood swings, etc so its hard to picture my glasses doing this but I'm willing to try anything. I'll try to check back in a week and let yall know.
WTF!!! I AM 53 YEARS OLD AND NEVER HAD THIS INDENTATION BEFORE! IT&#39;S ON THE RIGHT SIDE CROWN OF MY HEAD, AND WAS NOT THERE YESTERDAY, JUST FOUND IT 5 MINUTES AGO! IS MY SKULL CAVING IN? I ALSO WEAR MY GLASSES ON TOP OF MY HEAD! IT&#39;S 12:56 AM AND I&#39;M AFRAID TO GO TO SLEEP RIGHT NOW! I NEED TO BE UP FOR WORK BY 6 AM! AFRAID I&#39;M NOT GOING TO WAKE UP! WHAT IS GOING ON?????
I found mine months ago, actually I think they've been there for a long time but not noticed or not as bad. mine are either side on the top of my head, almost in line with my ears but up higher, the right side is much deeper and worse than the left side. Kinda feels weird if I keep touching it. Haven't seen a doctor or anything yet. It's probably 2 inches long and quite deep. Ugh :'(
Has anyone here considered Linear scleroderma/morphea? It is a rare auto immune disease that can be diagnosed by your dermatologist. I was diagnosed with it last week. It can be serious, so if your symptoms match the disease I would see a derm doc asap. Good luck and best wishes!
I just found the ridge last night.  I also wear glasses on my head. I have worn them like this for years.  Yikes! I have been having people feel it all day. Hard to believe that glasses cause this!
Found my dent last night  I wear glasses on my head too.  Don't worry, I believe it is nothing after reading the comments. I spent the day having everyone feel my head and me feeling their's. I;m sure you woke up and are fine.  
I have the same thing, I&#39;m 30 and I have tiny bald circle patches (The AA kind not MPB), I also have narcolepsy and get cataplectic seizures that kicked in when I was 18, I fell off a moving truck bed when I was a kid and never got checked out, I never get head aches, but I started to this year and notice the dent got bigger. Someone said they could feel their brain fluids moving, I do too (like a chugging) The tiny bald circle patches are linked to auto immune deficiencies, I don&#39;t get sick often but my doctor always says I have a high count of white blood cells in my body when he tests me. I got a CT scan and MRI 3 years ago which came out clear, I have one scheduled tomorrow I&#39;ll keep you folks updated. It&#39;s crazy to think with all the progress made in modern medicine we might have something that is undiscovered, since so many of us share the exact same symptoms.
It's perfectly normal don't freak it!  Yes it is a calcium defeciency, not tumors, sunken skull,or any other creepy illness.  Some people have it some don't, but a lot of people are ashamed by this and don't talk about it. I've had mine all my life and the only thing  that bothers me is the fact that it is tender which could also be a result of having a soft spot in your head such as when you were a child. Bottom line is don't worry!
Hi Lmac42,
I would like to know how you are feeling now. Is the dent still there? What prescription did you had that helped you? Would like to know. Thanks.
I'm only 18, and I found one over an hour ago, I'm getting pains it it, almost like a headache, except it feels as though there is fluid. Painkillers aren't working. It's on my left side lined up with my ear except much higher up, I'm afraid I won't wake up in the morning
I&#39;m 15 now and I was 14 when I realised that I had a dent at the right side of my skull/head. There used to be occasional pains but now its getting more and more frequent. Can someone suggest what to do please
Will someone who has posted about their dents post updates please, seeing people who have the same thing as me and promising to update but doesn't kind of worries me,lol.. Thanks!
Have you found anything out?
I think you should see a  neurologist I have a code in for head myself and I have been seeing a neurologist since I was five my four head caved in when I was five causing me to suffer seizures and now I don&#39;t have grandma seizures anymore passenger thousand 11 I fell and hit my head so hard that are not the grand mall seizures out of my head but I have light seizures now but suffer from migraines but I have what is called  linear scleroderma  it&#39;s very rare disease that you can&#39;t catch but what it actually is this an autoimmune disease I just found out this year so anyone who has a caved in forehead or  indentation  in there forehead they most likely have  linear scleroderma watches and I don&#39;t mean disease and they should see a neurologist Seizure doctor they can help you and tell you if you have it or not you still live a normal life but you just have to be careful you don&#39;t hit your head where the  indentation or where it&#39;s caved in it&#39;s caused by  too much Cartlidge in that area that&#39;s what&#39;s caused by
It miss spelled what I said using my voice I hate this phone
Ok, I am so glad that I found this site.  A few weeks ago I found a dent in the top front of my skull.  We all laughed, figuring I hit my head - again - but still I was concerned.  Well, just found another dent a little to the right of the 1st one.  I don't have any illness or neurological issues that would cause this.  I was skeptical of the idea given that headphones or glasses on head would cause these, but I just went and put my glasses on my head were I would normally place them, guess what, the 2 dents line up perfectly to the dents.  YEAH!  No more glasses on my head again!  Good luck to those that this is not the easy fix.
I'm 16 probably the youngest. And I've had a long indentation on the left side of my head starting from hairline ending all the way in the back of my head for several months now. It all started when I got a short haircut, mom and I saw protrusion in the back and the sides of my head was soft. Then a month later left side started showing Dents. I get looked at weird because it makes my head look deformed. Been to the best doctors in my city maybe even the best in the state of Michigan and they have no idea. I've had mri scans, CT scans, blood tests, and a biopsy in the dented area and still nothing. I do get light headed sometimes and my scalp feels tender at times. Right side feels like it might turn into the left side soon.
I too have same problem. I too feel like cave on top of my head.  
Have you found a reason for this. I too have this happening
Ive also found a dent on top of heas.. i have oateperosis, is it due 2 this?
2 nights ago i found a dent on top of my head near the crown. I had a screaming headache all that day. Went to neutologist today, he didnt seem to see it. Got a ct.was normal. I know im not crazy i know my head well, i have been shaving it for 15 years. I also have other things going on. I get sores that they cant figure out on the back of my head, and have been dealing with sporadic dizziness.i will update if i get any more info.
Omg this is exactly what I have been experiencing n thought I was going crazy. I have noticed it two time periods the first I thought my boyfriend had just elbowed me in his sleep. This time I feel the indent. I have been eating low carb and high protein n do have autoimmune stuff so vitamin deficiency makes sense too. I am also having a lot of neurological symptoms too (brain fog, balance, fatigue). This is so scary.  
I have something similar to this as well and Am in a state of worry about it. I'm 22 years old and the last time I really had a major head impact was maybe months ago back in September but I felt fine afterwards and days later. It feels like there is like a bump or ridge on the top left side of my head just above the scalp line. I am worried that this is an enlarged artery or something serious. I can kind of feel it at the same point on the other side of the head but it isn't as bad or large as on the left side. It doesn't hurt to the touch but again it just doesn't feel right to me at all. Sometimes I do get migraine headaches but idk if that's due to light sensitivity or looking at a screen for long periods of time. Sometimes when I'm sitting down at work, and suddenly stand up and stretch, I also get a sudden head rush and sometimes I feel light headed but when I lean over, everything goes back to normal. Again idk if light sensitivity has to do with it but it's an odd symptom. I also have recently been diagnosed with a deviated septum along with polyps and blockage in the nose. As well as a enlarged lymph node of the left side of my neck that I had for a while (shrinking now though) could these factors be the cause of what is going on on the left side of my head? I've been trying to get an answer for this on here and no response. A response would be appreciated to ease my stress about this.
Me too.... so stressed until I realised my sunglasses on the top of my head caused it! Migraines, dizzy the world! It's almost back to normal now...
Wow, this forum is so interesting to me! I was training a client and felt an itch on my head not thinking of it, then felt a long narrow indent as if the cracks in my skull were divided and swollen. After feeling it, it started burning.. so naturally I looked it up to validate my crazy and found this. The vit d / calcium deficiency sounds interesting. Im going to add to this forum and say Im supposed to start my menstrual cycle today/tomorrow and that Im 31. Most have posted and said theyve been in their 30s or on a special diet. Missing nutrients may go hand in hand! Ill add some d and calcium and see if it helps, otherwise Ill go to the doc. Ill save this forum and home you have found some answers Lynn!
Did more vitamin d help?
Have anyone found out any ways to get rid of the dent ?
Take your sunnies off from on top of your head.... that's what caused mine!!! Hope yours is too...
I have the same thing! I first noticed it when I was 12/13 years old, so in 2008. I&#39;m almost 21 now &amp; I&#39;ve noticed its been very tender around it recently. I got an MRI done in Feb of 2016 &amp; they never commented on the indent(found out I have a demyelinating disease tho). I&#39;ve been looking thru other reports of this &amp; found this to be very commonly reported in 2008/2009. I didn&#39;t think anything of it until a few weeks back when it became a bit tender. If anyone has any comments on what they have I&#39;d be highly appreciated. I don&#39;t eat High in vitamin a... I do eat a high protein diet &amp; just shortly after it became tender I went vegan(for lent).
Hi I have indentations in my skull. English is not my first lenguaje, so I hope I can write properly the things I want to say. I am 36. I noticed them a few days ago. I was terrified, I thought my head was opening haha! So I asked to my father who is a surgeon . He told me that he has indentations too. And so his mother. It&#39;s weird. And they never felt nothing, no migrain, nothing. He doesn&#39;t know about the name of this condition , but it&#39;s real and it&#39;s not dangerous.
I had the same issue. I had all sorts of tests ran. Nothing ever came of it. I found one post that was helpful.  I wear glasses. I would put my glasses on my head. The poster stated she did the same thing. I made a point of not putting my glasses on my head and after 2 years I can say that the indent that was 1/2 inch deep at times, disappeared in 2 weeks and I have not had the dent since. I would wear the glasses on my head in the same spot but the indent went about 3 inches from that spot. Hope this helps some
Hey Lynn, I,myself have a huge dent at the back of my head ever since I was a few months old, my mom told my cousin to babysit me while she cook and my cousin put me  on a sitting position on a very high table and I fell and hit my head very hard on the concrete and I wouldn&#39;t stop crying, my head was swollen and I guess that&#39;s how I got the dent . I am now 28 years old and I am fine I would usually have migraine headache on a regular basis but now it seems fine. All I can advise you to do is eat healthy ,don&#39;t take stress and pray to ALMIGHTY God and everything will be fine ok take care all the best
I had a indentation appear towards the front and center of the top of my head. It could be traced down to the top of my forehead and it was very tender to touch. I also have been severely Vit D3 deficient. One other thing I considered was the possibility of dehydration.
Have been on Vit D for over a year..I drink plenty if water most days. The feelings going on in my head are very uncomfortable and am sure stress isn't helping. Beginning to get headaches on top of head as well as eye aches and a aches in temple.indent or ridge whatever u call it at crown of my head. Really wish we had answers. This has got me so stressed..
After reading all the comments, which well exceed 490, logic would seem to point to some natural process occuring as a result of something else. Such as dehydration or VitD3 deficiciency
your headache, indent,and your other symptoms are cause by using wireless devices and being to EMF and RF signals stop using them.
I also have a soft indention on top back of head about 1 inch across I also get occasional headaches. and when I bend over my face feels like pressure is building up had it for about 3 years any ideas?
https://drkatharina.com/mysterious-symptoms-from-gmo-foods/
Got the same symptoms and then some. Iv now got eye aches and temple pain. Waves like feelings in my head, just don't feel right in the head..
I am 79 years old, working and still very active....79 is the new 49. However I recently developed the same ridge in my skull to the right of center and another lessor one to the left of center. It seems to be deeper at some times than other but no pain at all. I was panicking until I read all of these others comments. It seems strange that with so may of us having the same symptoms, the medical community is clueless about the cause. Go figure!
I believe that there is something going on that this is affecting so many. I have to ask the question "why is it that so many people are affected, yet doctors don't know anything about it?" I remember when I was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I suffered with it for years before the diagnosis. The ONLY reason my doctor even knew what it was is because he was officially told about it at a conference he attended. Before that many doctors told us it was all in our heads. Now it actually have a name. I believe studies are being done of this very subject as it is now mushrooming. All of a sudden thousands of people are getting this dent in their heads without injuries. Keep a stiff upper lip. In the meantime, ask for blood tests check in abnormal levels of aluminum and barium. Those are the chemicals that have been reported being dropped in the form of chemtrails.