Neurology Community
Indentation in top of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Viewing 401-418 comments:
hello i am reading your posts i realized i had the dent in 10th grade i had an xray on my head done the dr told me that something interrupted the fusing process when i was an infant possibly most likely i was dropped on my head during this time. He told me not to worry for it did fuse enuogh so that my brain is covered but just i have a dip abot the size of my four fingers in the middle/back of my head and it is tender to touch so i just avoid touching it maby this will help you!
I was not dropped on my head and have never had a head injury of any sorts.. it just appeared when i was 18 and has not gone away after 9 years just getting wider & deeper. I am constantly worrying about it and its all I think about. It has been 3 weeks now of constant headaches & a pressure feeling in my head, i have had these before in the last 12mo but never lasted this long. i feel tired all the time & have no energy despite me being on the highest thyroid med that i can take. im almost convinced there is something sinister going on underneath because i am just not me anymore, most of time i don't feel like im here in my head, im forgetting things all the time & becoming really light sensitive, my hair is thinning & last night im pretty sure i found some spots where my hair is almost gone. i think im going to go see a new doctor this week and demand another mri & ct scan or whatever else they can do because its making me crazy not knowing what the hell it is and having a name for it!
So sorry you all are going thru this and worrying yourselves so much, I too used to worry SO MUCH- that itself makes it so much WORSE for you. It will make you crazy. After not wearing glasses or sunglasses on my head anymore, taking more VIT D and eating healthier...my dents do not bother me anymore, I really cant even feel them anymore. I recently had several MRI and CT scans because of some severe blood pressure issues making sure I didnt have strokes and nothing abnormal showed up on my head. So, I feel so much better and haven't worried anymore at all.
Hi, my name is Sharon, i am a 35 yr old female and today i found a new dent on the right hand side of my head... happy to read i am not the only one with this. Reading all the posts, i do wear sunglasses every day, and i have for the last year been on a diet and lost 10kg... the vit d and calcium thing sounds plausible .... wish someone would do some research....

Thanks to all for your posts.

I have none of the other symptoms like hair loss and headaches
i have like most put in a search about dents in the skull, as this is what i am suffering with.I thought i would reply to your post as this info may be of use.
The dent started about 10yrs ago in my hairline on my forehead and felt about the size of a pea, i just thought at some point of being a busy mum i had hit my head and caused a dent in my skull, however in the last few years it has become bigger 8x5mm and a new indentation has formed at the back of my ear, so i went to the doctors 2 weeks ago (not keen on going to the docs)
i am being sent to the dermotologists to be checked out for a skin condition whereby there maybe scarring and the skin starts to sink in causing a indentation... axe in head kind of look the doc decribed it as, can not remember the name (GP reeled it off so fast) it is incurable but can be treated with steriod injections. So far my blood work is fine and i have no other conditions, i dont wear glasses, nor hats just a busy mum/wife/worker
I have a bit of an update.. I went to my original doctor yesterday who I went through for my first mri 8 years ago.. and after a lot of what ifs she phoned the hospital I had gone through to get the results as she never got them.. it turns out the mri I had back then was in fact not clear as I had presumed.. no one had bothered to follow up with me or my doctor and we assumed no news was good news and I simply forgot about it.. so the report on my mri scan 8 years ago stated there was a partial abnormality noted and bone thinning of the right side temporal region of my skull.... so I had another ct scan done yesterday (yet to get results) and then im being put on a waiting list for neurology yet again to get another mri before I will find out more..  
I found a dent just left of center on the top of my head a few weeks ago. After reading about vitamin deficiencies, if makes sense to me. I am still nursing my baby, now 17 months. I ran out if prenatal vitamins several weeks ago and haven't been taking any vitamins at all since. I bet I'm deficient in lots of vitamins, with most going to her. I am going to get back on some good vitamins and see if this improves. Oh, I also wear sunglasses on my head a lot as well. We all have so much in common!
Hi I am a 36y/o female i noticed the dents about 2 months a go i also started the atkins diet about that time wondering if it might be related to that any ways i go to the doctor tomorrow  i will let every one know what they say also my dents are if u go to the in side corner of your eye straight from there up that's where mine is on both side and the one on left is bigger then one on right also in the morning there are like its not there and about an hour to 4 hours it there after i am a wake for a while
Lynn I am very interested reading your comment as I have the exact same things, I have a large depression through the top of my head. I have also suffered fainting black outs and types of seizures my whole life.
My mother also had a large dent but does not suffer seizures.
I am interested to know if you have anything unusual happen with your pupils? People comment on how dilated my eyes are even when in bright light, I have even not been allowed into bars after being accused of being on drugs because of it.
Countless times going to doctors over the years often just being told to eat more or blood sugar level type comments, followed by an I don't know was very comforting. Since then I have been tested for epilepsy and heart problems that were never followed up.
Up until now I assumed my skull was just not set right from when I was a child but it is interesting you have seem to suffer the same things.

Hi...the member u are replying to may no longer be active as the post is older ....u can try to send the member a PM (private message)...this will generate a e-mail that someone is trying to make contact.

U may also get more replies if u create a new thread as I am sure there may be others with similar issues.

I do have one question for u, have u h=ever had a MRI of ur head/brain? since u feel ur skull is mis shaped it may help to have the MRI to see if there is ne reason for ur symptoms,
ok so surprise surprise.. the head ct showed nothing which I thought it wouldn't.. doctor said this only shows the bone and not leasions or masses.. my doctor tried to send me to hospital as an emergency and though they are 'deeply concerned' with what I presented and my symptoms they apparently have no capacity to express me to an mri as they are expensive.. so I am on an unknown waiting list.. I swear if there is anything wrong and something could have been done and by the time I see them the answer is not a good one they will have a lot to answer for!! trying not to think about it but the ridge is definitely getting more prominent and I have to tie my hair right up on top of my head now so it cant be noticed..
Hi Deb526,

I just felt like I was reading my history with my indents on my head.
You said:
Hi everyone, I noticed an indent in my skull running from crown to the front of my head that is parallel to the center cranial line about 4 months ago.  It is about a finger width and definitely depressed.  I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid, fibromyalgia, arthritis, vitamin D deficiency, triglyceride deficiency, high cholesterol, diseases of my spine...I.e degenerative disc disease, hearth disease and I have also been diagnosed with "growths" on my thyroid but my endocrinologist said they are nothing to worry about, even though they have their own blood supply??

I have all of these same problems also down to the dent in the head. Also my nodes on my thyroid are biopsied every year but are always benign...good news. But the dent in the top of my head is also a worry and am afraid to mention it to my doctor as she is sure to up my meds for depression! Last night was the first time I felt the dent on the top and since it was so deep I really worried BUT this morning it was gone??? Just a little tender there this morning. It was in the spot where I had felt a DEEP not painful but ripping feeling in the same spot about 6 months ago but nothing was there then after the deep ripping feeling until last night. How could it go away so quickly over night? I also have a round one on the back of my head that is the size of a fingertip and soft that gets annoyed if I touch it to often. I am glad to have found this site but was hoping someone had an explanation to what it is from. I do not wear glasses on my head but have been Vit D deficient for over a year and taking 5000 units a day. I will continue to check back to either hear of any updates or if you have also had someone that will believe in your dents. Maybe we should print out all of these mails to show the doctors we are not alone and it isn't as they say "all in our heads"!
omg I just found my dent in the front above the hair line and soft spot. I thought I would get online to see what it was when I came across your blog. I cant believe I found someone who has one to. I dont have health insurance so I cant go in right now. Please keep in touch here I want to know what this is. I am 46 and had cancer on my right side face. This dent is also on the side of my head. Hope to hear back from you.
Cynthiasin
I also found the same tender dent in front of my head above my hairline. I have also had gastric bypass and gone through some loss of vit in my system to. I am going to keep searching to see what I can find. If you find out please let me know.
Thank you
Hello everyone,
I'm glad I found this forum. I wasn't able to read *every* post (because there are many!) but... it seems many of us have the same symptoms.

This afternoon my hairdresser was trimming my bangs and asked, "What's this?!" In the center of my forehead, approximately 1/2 inch up from my hairline,  is a near-nickel sized bald spot that is also indented. It couldn't have been there this morning, I would have noticed it. I mean, it's noticeable!

My round-bald-indent is tender to the touch. I recently had bloodwork done, very thorough bloodwork, and everything is fine. Generally, my health is good. I'm not overweight, I eat fairly well and exercise regularly. I am not allergic to anything (that I'm aware of).

I do have a neurologist and have a previously-scheduled appointment with him on Monday (July 15th). Six weeks ago I had a 48 hour ambulatory EEG and will be discussing the results with him on Monday (though, he is a "no news is good news" doctor and since I haven't heard from him, I'm not worried about negative results).

I will ask him about this bald spot/indendation on Monday but am not hopeful he'll know what it is or what to do - based on everyone else's experience with their doctors. I don't want CAT scans or MRI's, especially if they aren't showing anything.

I'll write on Monday afternoon and let you know what I find out - but I'm worried! This is a *weird* symptom!!!
You have no insurance?  Well, rest assured it's probably nothing to get all worked up about.

If you retrieve this entire blog, which is years and years of people just like you and I, who discovered a dent on our heads and stumbling on this blog. Hundreds of the people here have done every imaginable test required (CT scans, MRI's, etc) by Specialists and received no answers to what caused their dent in the head.

I found this site years ago and I still receive notifications to this day of new posts and I read them. I am thankful for those before me and those who came in after I found this Blog.

You can tell, many people eventually opt out of receiving notifications of new posts. But still no one has any answers as to what causes the dent. So I'm not losing any sleep over this.

Stay connected as I do and you will be at peace about it.

Sandy
any news to your situation . just realized i have like two valleys in my head. they start at the forehead. cant see them at all. just feels like a canteloupe
any news to your situation . just realized i have like two valleys in my head. they start at the forehead. cant see them at all. just feels like a canteloupe.
i got stabbed a few months ago and had surgery . was a hole in my lung. been on enormous amounts of pain meds recently since the stabbing and now all of a sudden i have two huge indentions in my head. cant see them but yes can feel them. did yours really go away by changing your diet ?
hello. reading your post. i also am recovering from pain medication issues after getting stabbed in the lung 3 months ago. what did you do to get rid of the dents in your head and was it related to pain meds ?
I have been dealing with for years and like some I've put it off but now it has grown so big. I have two indentations and each one has a line indentation connecting to each one on top of my head one in the middle and one in front of my skull. What worries me the most is at the base of the one by my forhead has a half inch wide line indentation that leads down to the top of my eyebrow. I to also have a doctors app. I thought I was the only one who had this problem.
Well, I have suffered from migraines all my life and treated myself with over the counter pain medications. I'm sure WAY TOO MANY FOR ONE PERSON IN A LIFETIME. Also, My left lung has collapsed 5 times, for no apparent reason...they call it spontaneous pneumothorax. I believe the last time that happened was like 8 or 9 years ago, So it's hard telling what all meds were involved in that process.

Since posting on here finally got put on a migraine medication (Imitrex) which ended up damaging my main artery into my heart. My blood pressure got so high I started going blind. It took 3 hospital trips and 2 heart caths for docs to find out what was wrong. Anyway, they did tests on my head to make sure my high blood pressure didn't cause any damage to my head. So that made me feel better about my dents that I had found a couple years ago. I still randomly feel for them. But, yes, I was so afraid when I first found them and knew there was no way that they were always there....I changed my diet, started taking vitamins...seen no change and I cant remember what made me decide to stop wearing glasses on my head....I wear reading and sunglasses but after that they closed up.
So glad I happened upon this forum!  I am female, 54 years old (55 in Sept).  Pretty good health.  Haven't seen a doctor in over 20 years, since three of them (2 neuros & 1 GP) told me to "get my house in order"  I didn't have long to live.  I have a venous angioma (veins around my brain are tangled, BP goes up, veins burst, boom! brain stroke).  I have low BP too.  But not sickly low, it's all good.  Altho', I can't eat bananas, they bring the BP too low and I tend to 'pass out'.  And of course, what's my fav fruit?  Bananas!  I am still going thru menopause, relatively well, a lot of night sweats, hot flashes, but I manage with no meds.  I eat healthy, I'm a fruit and veggie gal, problem is l Love Fried Anything!  lol  But I do limit the fried foods to maybe once a month.  I recently stopped drinking sodas of every kind.  Was a huge Diet Coke drinker, about 4 or 5 a day.  Now, just bottled water and homemade peppermint iced tea, about half a pitcher a day.  I don't take any meds except for BC Powders (100% aspirin 845 mgs), about 3 or 4 a day for headaches (every since my brain stroke over 20 yrs ago, headache every day).  Once in a blue moon when I remember, I'll take a Vit. C or D.  Cant take them every day, they tear my innards up.  But give me some really good and spicy food and I'm good, stomach of cast iron.  Cajun girl at heart.  I injured my back which hurts 24/7 but I manage with just the aspirin and a lot of getting up and down and not standing for too long nor sitting for too long.  
Two days ago, I discovered a dent in the top of my head.  Totally freaked me out!  It's about the size of my pinky finger (2" long going from left to right)  it feels pretty deep, but then I have to remember how when I sometimes get a tickle in my ear and scratch it with my nail and feel something it feels like it's the size of a dime in my ear!  And figured the same with this dent thing on my head, that it's most likely not as deep as I'm feeling it is.  But it is a definite indention in my skull that I KNOW 100% was not there 3 days ago.  I have read so many say something about the Vit D thing and I really think I am going to have to add that to my weekly routine.  I am just so thankful for all of you who have taken the time to write on this forum your experiences, ideas, suggestions, and opinions!!!!  Thank You So Very Very Much!  It surely eases my mind to know I'm not alone and that it's really probably nothing more than just "getting older" and "falling apart"!  I'm not one for doctors, they're good for some, but not me.  I don't trust them.  I tend to pray a lot and rely a lot on good old fashioned home remedies.  I try to keep busy and ignore a lot of the pain.  
*My Best Tip:  At the very onset of getting a cold, bug, or just all over achy, not feeling well feeling, I drink about 1/4 to 1/3 of dill pickle juice.  I haven't had a cold, flu, 'bug' etc in years!  Although it didn't work with the swine flu I had when that break out was in our are several years ago, but I didn't take meds for it either, sick in bed for one month, rode it out, now I just figure my body fought it off and built up it's own anti-bodies to it.  :)
I wish you all the best and hope you all find out what is causing this and that the synopsis is a good one.  That it's nothing to be worried about.  :)
Thank you for writing. You sound like you've been through a lot. I am going to keep dill pickle juice on hand and try it. The only think that concerns me with you is all the BC you take, seems like a lot on your stomach. Coming from a long life of migraines and not allowed to take anymore migraine meds because of what it did to my heart I have found that one or 2 ibuprofen and 1 or 2 tylenol usually works for me now. I will keep you in my prayers. I also think we are ok when it comes to our dents.
Well im still waiting to see neurology.. im starting to think maybe it isn't good news and they'd rather me not know if there's no fix.. my dent has gotten worse just in the last month.. ive started taking fish oil & magnesium again on top of the calcium, vit d i already take.. I guess im just trying to take anything that might fix it.. im honestly thinking that the rate it is going my head is going to collapse. I have been measuring my dent from top ridge to bottom ridge openings over the last few months to try and prove it is getting worse and I am not imagining it.. well what was measuring 7cm in length 2 months ago is now measuring 9cm I can feel it getting deeper also I just cant measure that. It is sore/strange to touch and feels like there is not much there holding it together. I have also found a few other website threads since with much the same people talking about the same thing and a lot of people mention thyroid.. being that I have no thyroid and I am on a thyroid med I am beginning to wonder if my dose is too high and that is what is causing this? I know they have told me im borderline high but not high enough to be dropped because I still feel crappy on the dose I am on and will feel worse if it is dropped. When I went to hospital as an emergency patient following my doctors orders the guy who saw me who I told about the dent of all things pushed on it (quite hard I might add) and says oh yes there is a dent.. they all walked off and then released me and said I have to go on a waiting list to be seen. =(
TO EVERYONE WITH THESE TYPES OF ISSUES:

Please insist that your doctor does a Celiac panel (and check for general vitamin deficiencies) to see if you have the disease! I have a dent in the same place on the top of my head and it is believed that these types of dents may be caused from nutritional deficiencies, which would be the case if you had Celiac and your immune system was causing your small intestine to reject anything with gluten in it and destroy the villi lining the walls of the small intestine. This damage to the villi, in turn, leads to the inability of your small intestine to properly absorb nutrients from food, thereby causing the nutritional deficiencies throughout your body.

I have been losing my once healthy, thick hair for over a decade, but in the last year noticed that I was also hungry all the time and more tired than usual. I took several pregnancy tests just to rule that out since I felt abnormally hungry and very tired when pregnant with my son, and went to various doctors who didn't take any of my concerns seriously. But something just didn't feel right ...

After going to four different doctors (and even being forced to tears after seeing one who was extremely dismissive of what I was going through), one fateful day I stopped to visit with a coworker in our lunchroom and she urged me to see a particular "functional medicine" office in town. At the time I'd never even heard of the term, "functional medicine," and honestly, it sounded like some crackpot kind of phrase, but I was at the point where I figured I had nothing to lose (except a $25 co-pay).

And so, I immediately made an appointment with them, and was shocked when they spent nearly two hours talking to me about all my symptoms from childhood to present. They were approaching my situation as if they were investigators trying to solve a problem - and what a refreshing change as compared to all the worthless medical "professionals" I'd been to earlier. They then did lab work to rule out possible causes for my symptoms, and one of those lab tests included the Celiac panel. Sure enough, the tests came back positive for the auto-immune disorder (and also Vitamin D and iron deficiencies, to name a few). Not one doctor I'd ever been too made the connection of my symptoms to Celiac because most medical doctors have little to zero education on nutrition.

After learning of my disease, I have to confess that I was even more angry with those worthless doctors I'd seen in the past for not listening to me, for making me feel like I was some kind of hypochondriac, and most importantly, for delaying the discovery of this diagnosis. Still, I also felt validated that my symptoms were real, and was finally able to begin working on improving my health. It has only been a couple of months, but I feel better, am less tired, and also less hungry (out of nowhere I've actually lost 7 pounds despite not being able to lose any weight since the birth of my child).

The bottom line is this: These days you really have to be your own health advocate and researcher. You have lived in your body for a long time and you know when something isn't right. When your body is trying to tell you something is off, listen to it and don't stop your search for a medical professional who will genuinely listen to you too!
I have a thyroid condition and i also began feeling a dent in my head not to long ago. My husband looks at me like im crazy and i hate that. I get enough of that from my so called Endocrinologist! Anyways i believe that there is a connection between these dents and thyroid conditions. Research is based on statistics right?? So why don't doctors consider these stats?
ohhh this site is so helpful.  It is such a relief to find out that there are other people out there with the same as  51 year old me  ( had  been thinking all sorts - brain tumour cancer etc)

I have had a dent in my the top of my head left side now for the past 3 months and like many others in the forum before me wear my glasses on my head and thought this could be the cause of it.  However I stopped wearing them on my head and another small dent appeared. I started experiencing slight memory loss, low energy,pins and needles down my left arm, pressure headaches on the left side of my head and sometimes my left eye feels like it is popping out.  I also have a permanent ear ache in my left ear and  slight loss of vision in my left eye now and again. I have put on quite a lot of weight in the last few months and have also experienced a loss in libido.

I recently visited my optition and asked if the dents could be attributed to wearing glasses on my head. She took a look at the dents and said no.  After the examination she told me  the pressure in my left eye was  high and advised me to see a Doctor asap.  This I have done.  After telling him all my symptoms he stated that he had no Idea what the dents were,took my blood pressure reported that it was normal and has referred to me a Neurologist .  My appointment is early December so I will let you know the  outcome.
Just saw a possible link to my newly found dent, Yesterday I read the comment about the additive propylene glycol ,then today I was just researching the safeness of electronic cigarettes. I recently started smoking these as an alternative to cigarettes, The additive propylene glycol is the main source of the vapor...so just wondering how many of you also have smoked the e cigs and if there may be something to this...
Did you ever find out the cause of the dents in your scalp? I have Lyme Disease, and now have almost the exact problem you described. Would love to hear what you found out.
Hi there, Lyme IS in S.A. check out Dr. Nicola McFadzean she is an aussie lyme doctor that practices in San Diego, and Oz. Your symptoms sound a lot like mine prior to my lyme diagnosis.
I noticed a dent on the front left side of my skull. I have headphones that I listen to everyday at work and the padding sits almost exactly on the spot of the dent. No real diseases that I know of and I'm not sure of any vitamin deficiency. I wouldn't be surprised though of a calcium deficiency. I'm kind of lactose intolerant and the only real dairy I eat is string cheese.

I feel like I have had a headache on the top of my head for the past two days, but I feel like I'm crazy and imagining the headache. Any suggestions on what kind of doctor to go to? I think I have to get a referral before I can go to a specialist.
Please!!! let me know the outcome of your doctors appointment with this issue. I have the same issues going on right now. My scalp has been very sensitive to touch. So i was massaging it in the shower and found a deep indention on the left side of my head above my ear. In 2010 i had radiation for my hyperthyroid issue and now i am hypo. I am not sure how long i have had the indentation just found it due to sensitive issue. I am 28 years old as well and two small kids and this is scary! I was viewing the post on lyme disease and back about 4 years ago i found a tick behind my ear and after reviewing the medical page on this disease i am wondering now if maybe i had this diease the whole time..because right after i was diagnosed with hyperthyroid i started having major joint swelling and was also diagnosed with rh. Doctors stated that thyroid issue was due to pregnancy never was tested for lyme disease. Making doctors appt today to be checked to clear that but please let me know what you found out
I think this message board goes way back before e-cigs were around. I think some of us have different reasons for our dents and  Like I've said several times before my dents went away after I did several things: started eating better, added vitamins, stopped wearing my reading and sunglasses on my head. Over this past summer I got brave and started putting my glasses on top of my head again, it's just easier.....my dents started appearing again. So, I stopped....my dents stopped. Some people probably thing we are crazy, none of my doctors think it's anything and do not take me serious. last year I had a heart issue arise from a bad reaction from a medication that has messed up my heart, long story short....my blood pressure shot up so high, I had every test u can think of to make sure no damage was done to my heart, head, lungs....strokes, blood clots, etc. everything came out normal. So, I have learned to live with my dents that come and go and know there was no damage seen on my tests done on my head.
just a quick update still waiting to go and see the neurologist.  However my doctor wanted to keep and "eye on me" in the meantime and i have now had a shed load of blood tests - included was vitamin deficiencies and thyroyd all of which are clear.   I am still getting headaches on my left side and my vision goes blarred now and again.   I am controlling the headaches with naproxen and paracetamol but htey are becoming less effective.  I have changed my diet to see if this helps
Hi everyone,

Just came to chuck something out here. I'm 16, but I also have the same problem. A couple of months ago, I started to notice an indentation in my head on both sides just opposite the very middle of the top of my head, but the right side was deeper. Now, I just realized that about that same point in time, I also purchased a new set of headphones, which I noticed were really hurting the top of my head, even though they were barely touching it, and were not pressing down on it at all. I could not figure out why I was getting such pain, but slowly it subsided, and has now completely diminished, however, this is when I noticed the dents. I have also noticed that the dents noticeably fill when I do not use my headphones for an increased period of time. Not sure if I'm just spitballing here, but it seems too perfect timing-wise for it to be coincidence, which is why I will be trying a day or so of not using these headphones.
I just turned 43 & also have severe dents along the top of my head. The one on the right side of my head is much more severe and is almost 2 inches long & deep enough for the side of my pinky to easily fit in. Like many of the posts I have worn sunglasses on the top of my head for years and the nose rests are in the area of my dents. I also noticed I have a dent in the bone behind my ear where the arm of my sunglasses rest.
   I went to a top rated head specialist/reconstructive plastic surgeon today. He never saw or heard of anything like it. I did do some research prior to my visit & also saw calcium deficiency as a possible cause. I informed him of the possible calcium deficiency, the fact I wear sunglasses all the time on top of my head, Vitamin A toxicity, I am an early bird & began menopause a couple of years ago, and even mentioned recent issues I have had with ear infections. He appreciated that I did research (although there are not that many cases of these symptoms) &ordered blood work ( Metabolic Panel & Calcium) & full skull x-rays. I did my blood work today & will go in the beginning of next week to get my full scale skull x-rays.
  I just tonight found this thread & feel much better that I am not alone. From all the research I have done this is not very common so aren't we special?! I will update when I get my results back!
yes I can tell you because of the 5 indentations on my skull. This did not happen until my hyperthyroid and major depression hit me full blown. The both pretty much came at the same time. With a spinal injury as well, the doctors say it is related to major depression and not sure about the hyperthyroid. Mine has been goind on for 7 years now and feel I am in deep trouble with my anxiety going into the 10 level sometimes. Please let me know if you find out anything for me. I know most of my brain cells have gone to sleep from the major depression and other health related issues. Good Luck..  
yes I can tell you because of the 5 indentations on my skull. This did not happen until my hyperthyroid and major depression hit me full blown. The both pretty much came at the same time. With a spinal injury as well, the doctors say it is related to major depression and not sure about the hyperthyroid. Mine has been goind on for 7 years now and feel I am in deep trouble with my anxiety going into the 10 level sometimes. Please let me know if you find out anything for me. I know most of my brain cells have gone to sleep from the major depression and other health related issues. Please keep in mind my blood work always comes back ok in all area's except the try's  Good Luck..  
I am 68 and your head sounds identical to mine. Almost a reptilian look, and it fills up overnight (though not completely) and by 9/10 pm my whole pinky finger can fit along both sides.
Waiting for MRI results, Doc not worried at all.
Thanks for your post
I have noticed the same ridge running along the top of my head on both sides - the left side has a deeper ridge than the right. I have had a lot of intense pressure at the of of my head earlier this fall - sometimes feeling like I was upside down. This all started about four months ago.

Has anyone noticed a connection with spiritual enlightenment and the pineal gland?
I want you to go &  join a group on Facebook called Got endorphins LDN? but all capital letters When you do the search, i take LDN for my fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue I also found a dent in my top of my head by my hairline too. LDN and iodine protocol pretty much help to me,  Please come join and learn about this treatment for autoimmune and MS and fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue etc.
Hi guys,
Guess what? I have one too.
I banged my head on the left side quite hard 10 days ago, went to A&E a few days later as I was getting severe head aches and the doctor said it was nothing to worry about, anyway yesterday when examining my head I found a dint in my head on the right hand side along the hairline, there is also a smaller one on the left hand side in the same area but I have not got a clue where it has come from. The one on the right hand side feels sensitive but I'm not sure if this is because I've been playing with it.
I've been feeling anxious over other health issues recently so I'm not sure if this has been a factor and I have also been trying to eat vegetarian recently so I may be lacking in vit D / calcium too, which all seem to be common possible causes.
Anyway this is weird but thanks to this post looks like I don't have much to worry about and I'm not entirely alone.
I have a doctor's appointment on Monday so I will mention it then.
Interesting read three days ago I discovered a soft spot on the top of my head where the part would fall, it doesn't hurt when pressed, but I also have been having issue with hay fever (lots of sneezing) recently which is a new thing to me. Getting very tired headachy and my ears seem off... Like pressure, I also sometimes find it hard to focus before I realise it I'm in a blank stare. I'm 30 this year and have never had any medical issues I live in NZ, hopefully we can all find out what this anomaly is. Thanks
Well it seems we are all in good company.  I found my indentation on the left side of my part about a month ago. I just saw my dr. 2 weeks ago and she didn't seem too worried. Well, as of earlier today I have found my second indentation on the right side of my middle part. I am a diabetic with Neuropathy in my feet and I am anemic. I have recently lost 16 pds. the first 10 without really trying. This is starting to make me worried.
Hey, guys.  Maybe a partial breakthrough, at least for the thyroid sufferers.  I think I may have commented before.  But I definitely have read this forum before and want to come back to update. I have had hypothyroidism since I was 14.  I got a really good doctor recently after years of terrible ones.  I showed him the dents, and he immediately ordered a bone density, as well as gut flora exam.  Both came back deficient.  I now have to be on a very strict, no grain, no milk diet until the symptoms of the gut flora deficiency goes away.  Hope this helps, ciao.
I am reading all stories that align with my concerns about my own skull dents, but I see no "answers" - To those who have dents, top of the head, one side of the ridge or the other -- what was the conclusion?? What the dr. say? what did an MRI indicate?  Is this related to Vitamin D deficiencies??   I did hit the top of my head really hard in Oct 2013, and wondering if maybe I made the dent… I'm worried.
I purchased new headphones about two months age and noticed indentations on both sides of my scalp about a month later. Doctored ordered x-ray was normal. My 'retro style' headphones have small pads on each side. After reading your post I put on my headphones and looked in the mirror. The indentations exactly corresponded to the location of the pads. Pressure, even light pressure, from an external device, such as headphones, can indeed form indentation of the skull. I will leave a post to see if the indentations resolves. I'm confident that pressure in at least one cause of this puzzle.

I should note that I often wear my headphones for 6 hours or more. Still, I'm surprised the scalp, or skull, is that fragile. Thanks Snoppy32 for your original and helpful post.
Viewing 401-418 comments: