Neurology Community
Infection on the Brain caused seizure
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Infection on the Brain caused seizure

Good Evening...
I am a very concerned daughter and looking for some possible answers for my father...About 8 weeks ago he was admitted into the hospital near death for a severe abcess (abscess) in his liver and gallbladder. Which had traveled into his blood stream, they stated that the cause was very likely to be from a abcessed tooth in which they pulled. He was on a PICC line and on heavy antibiotics, he had the PICC line removed yesterday and was given a clean bill of health and made a remarkable recovery. That night he suffered a seizure, in which he is now back in the hospital where they have found 2 spots of infection on his brain. My concern is, is this infection traveling, could it have always been on his brain but wasn't discovered. Why wouldn't the antibiotics that he was on with the PICC line cleared up any other infection in his body. Could a tooth have caused all this, is there something to be more concerned about? Please advise as I am a very concerned daughter who has just lost her brother to suicide and now having to go through this with my dad is extremely difficult and I am just trying to find out any other possible problems that I should be concerned with. Thank you!!