Inflamed nerve in the head?
For the last 14 - 15 years I have had this one spot on the top right side of my head that is extremely painful to the touch.  I found it after my last brain surgery back in March of 2000.  I have had 25 brain surgeries and a stroke from treatment of Hydrocephalus.  The stroke was cause by 6 consecutive brain surgeries in one day caused a bleed.  Since that last surgery I have not had anymore brain surgeries.  A couple of years ago I found out that I am easily prone to getting vertigo if I have to do work underneath a desk.  I am going on 42 years old and I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus at 1 month old.  When the nerve is inflamed, the surrounding area becomes warm to the touch.  Is there a treatment for this?

Thanks,

"Budd"
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. If working beneath a desk or in crouching position is causing dizziness, then probably this is because this position may be compromising the VP shunt draining system (that is if you have a shunt). If this is the case, then the only way to avoid it is to avoid crouching positions.

The other possibility is that you have a pinched nerve in neck which worsens the pain and causes dizziness when neck is bent in certain ways. This may also be the cause of tender spot on head. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.