Neurology Community
Inner Groin Vibration

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Inner Groin Vibration

About a couple years ago I started getting this weird vibration in my upper right inner groin crease where it meets the thigh area down deep inside. It does not happen all the time. Doesn't hurt at all. I have had nerve pain in that leg from my inner knee area (not my actual knee) up to that groin area and it hurt A LOT. MRI showed nothing wrong. Doctor said it was probably from nerve pain. I get that about twice a year and it can last a day or minutes. Maybe the vibration is from left overs from that??? I have no pain associated with the vibration. It last about 3 to 6 seconds and is rheumatically. I hate to go to a Neurologist and have them "guess" at what it is and waste my money for something I already know. Any doctors out there or others who have been diagnosed with the same vibration sensation? I do not have my cell phone on vibrate either and it does not ring that much. My vibration is on the inner side not the outer part. Any help is appreciated.
Just today I am getting a strange vibrating sensation in my lower left groin area by my thigh.  It started when I was in a restaurant eatting andn I thought I was sitting on some typre of motor or something.  It is annoying and it has not stopped.  Been steady now for 3 hours.  Driving me nuts.
I am a 52 year old female and have been experiencing a faint vibration in  my right cheek.  I keep thinking it's my cell phone ringing in my back pocket when it's not.  Very rythmic humming type feeling 2 sec long, 3 sec pauses between.  I only feel this when sitting down..not sure if it happens when I am standing or walking and I just can't feel it.  I also have intermitant neuophathy on the bottoms of both feet but mostly the left.   So glad to hear others are also feeling these, thought I was crazy!
Hi, Thank you for your question. Your groin vibration symptoms could be related to nerve compression, diabetes, thyroid dysfunction, Vitamin B complex deficiency, neurological disorder or if you are any vibration jobs (like drilling etc). Nerve studies and nerve test may be helpful to further evaluate the condition. I would recommend evaluating the possibilities here with the help of a doctor. Further referral to a neurologist or endocrinologist may be required to assess the condition. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!

No, I don't use sex toys, but I have been experiencing peculiar, irregular episodes of vibration sensations in the rectal/prostate/hip joint (as near as I can pinpoint them) neighborhood. I am a 60-year old male. The vibration sensation is of short duration, in my estimation maybe one second or one and a half seconds per pulse with a variable interval between pulses, although sometimes they have been quite regular at about 5 to 8 seconds between pulses. The vibrations are only discernible through the nerves local to the area, not through the fingertips.
I have been having similar symptoms, hence my search for this occurrence. It happens daily and honestly, I thought it was due to my cell phone in my jeans pocket only it wasn't there. Im thinking it could be vascular but really am just guessing....not driving me crazy but is definitely a new thing to me!

I too have a vibration in my inner right thigh area, similar symptoms to      
  everyone else.
  It suddenly came on one day and is intermittent.
  I cannot find a reason for it to suddenly occur.
  I am fit and I walk a lot. There is no pain it is just annoying.
  Can anyone come up with an explanation please?
Similar symptoms here. Not annoying, but just weird. Very slight vibration like you would expect from a cell phone, but I wasn't wearing my cell phone. General groin area and very subtle, but pretty constant this afternoon. It seems to have gone away for the time being. Good to hear that I am not alone on this, but of course hope it's not serious for any of us.
I have a theory. I too have experienced this vibration.  I also thought it was my cell phone at first, but it wasn't even in my pocket. I have been thinking about this for quite some time and may have a possible answer.  I don't mean to sound crass or inappropriate but would like to hear from others to see if this is something that they expeirence.  It seems as though the tingling would be coming from a nerve, but then why would it be tingling.  Sometimes when my husband and I are being intimate he may use his finger to stimulate the clitoris and then for penatration.  He pushes up with a lot of pressure once he has penetrated.  This is at my request.  I wondered if I have him pushing so hard that it has irritated a nerve. Can anyone else relate?