Neurology Community
Intense Toe Pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Intense Toe Pain

I wasn't sure what topic to put this under, so I have put it on two or three commuities hoping that someone could help me. This is my problem.  I am a racewalker and have always had some pain in my toes.  I found if I taped the two toes next to the small toe that would work.  In fact it worked for 3 years.  In the last few months, the pain has increased intensely.  I made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to see what could be the problem.  I had self-diagnosed myself with Morton's Neuroma.  He never suggested that it was Morton's.  I told him that I taped my toes and he suggested I keep doing that and gave me a cortisone shot in the joint of one of my toes.  That was absolutely no help and a waste of money.

I have tried metatarsal pads and toe wraps, but nothing recently has helped.  One odd thing is that somedays the toes do not hurt at all or they will shift from toes on the left foot to the right foot, though the right foot is the most affected foothe pain starts in the toe and seems to run into my foot. (Nerve?)  I am at my wits end.  I love racewalking and I was walking 5 to 6 miles a day and racing a 5K on Saturdays.  I am unable to walk that far on most days now.  The pain is just too excruciating.  Sometimes if I have a ways to walk to get back to where I started when the pain gets too bad, I can bend the toes of that foot under in my shoe and it will feel better for awhile if I walk like that.

I have already had an MRI which showed nothing wrong.  I also go to a chriopractor to help with sciatica problems.  This problem has all but gone away with his help.